PDA

View Full Version : Ladder cover on top rail

Spiffums
12-08-10, 07:53
Anyone who uses the thumb over the top front hold use a rail ladder cover on top? I miss counted on the XTM covers and didn't get enough. I got enough to do 3 sides.

I thought about getting 1 rail in black to protect the 2 or 3 spots where the rail is naked and I thought well I can just run a black ladder down the top to keep it protected too.

So should I use a ladder cover or just get enough XTMs to do to the top?

HeavyDuty
12-08-10, 07:58
I thumb over and don't always glove up. I eventually found a ladder on top wasn't quite enough protection from gas tube heat for me.

I'm trying Index Clips now, they seem to offer a little better protection and may be my best compromise between size and shielding. I'm not a fan of XTMs, I tried them and thought they were too bulky - but I like a small diameter handguard.

lil'Zeus
12-08-10, 08:14
I use XTM's on top of mine for thumb over, but only two rows worth. Ladders for me on top every where else to protect against damade on the rails. Even between my aimpoint and BUIS.... Just what I do.

Spiffums
12-08-10, 09:48
Thanks. I will get enough ladder to cover the points where there isn't anything and another pack of XTMs.

Mega
12-08-10, 09:56
I use ladder covers on any exposed rail... top, bottom, or sides.

http://gallery.me.com/kevinfarrell/100158/cqbr-007/web.jpg