PDA

View Full Version : Lefty sling

Waylander
12-08-10, 12:08
I have a DD mid-length with a plastic handguard and plan on a Noveske QD end plate. I'm trying to decide between two and one point but like a sling that'll do either.

I like the idea of the Magpul MS2. Every dealer near me is out of them for me to try on my rifle. The back clip should work good on the QD in the Noveske but how good is the front MS2 clip on the bottom FSB loop? May buy a rail later so I could put a QD on the right side of the rifle not to interfere with my forearm hand as much.

My question is how good are the HK type hooks of the CQD going to work with the factory FSB loop and the QD swivel in the Noveske end plate? My thinking was the hooks could slide to the right side of the loops for me being left handed. If I want to go to a single point, how good will it be having the two CQD hooks on the back QD swivel?

Then there are the two point slings like the VTAC or the ones at Gear Force that let you use any type of attacment. They come factory without any attacments so I'm afraid looping the strap through the FSB loop may get in the way of my forearm hand.

So if the CQD or MS2 hooks won't work well for what I want this would be good but more expensive buying attachments.

Sorry for the long newbie questions!

ALCOAR
12-08-10, 12:20
Have you tried Hoover Tactical Firearms or Marks Outdoors in Vestavia Hills?

HTF's has a really nice wide selection of AR kit and I have seen a ton of MS2's in there along w. several other types. Marks should have a nice selection as well.

Take your rifle up to HTF and try out a few slings...can't beat that way given they have different avail slings for you to try.

bobbo
12-08-10, 12:33
Take a look a IWC for some excellent mounting options for stock and MOE hand guards at very reasonable prices. I have the MS2 sling and like it a lot. But my AR is heavy (MRP) so I just took advantage of the great sale on the Vickers combat application two points at blueforcegear.com (select camo green for substantial discount.)

GlockWRX
12-08-10, 12:44
I have an Emdom Gunslinger (http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Detail?no=57) sling. I think it's a very good, versatile sling. I don't much like the HK snap hook I have. If I did it again I would get a mash hook.

I had an MS2 and didn't like it. The quick adjust feature didn't work well and the front clip tended to lever open when it was attached to certain sling mounts.

Waylander
12-08-10, 13:12
Have you tried Hoover Tactical Firearms or Marks Outdoors in Vestavia Hills?

HTF's has a really nice wide selection of AR kit and I have seen a ton of MS2's in there along w. several other types. Marks should have a nice selection as well.

Take your rifle up to HTF and try out a few slings...can't beat that way given they have different avail slings for you to try.

HTF has been out of black MS2s for a while but they may let me try another color until they get more black. They didn't have any other slings to offer at the time. Gun Cellar and Southeastern don't carry them either AFAIK.

Thanks for the tip on Mark's. I'll try them.

Take a look a IWC for some excellent mounting options for stock and MOE hand guards at very reasonable prices. I have the MS2 sling and like it a lot. But my AR is heavy (MRP) so I just took advantage of the great sale on the Vickers combat application two points at blueforcegear.com (select camo green for substantial discount.)

The Vickers doesn't look bad from the Youtube video I saw of them demoing it. IIRC the VTAC has a similar adjustment mechanism.

I have an Emdom Gunslinger (http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Detail?no=57) sling. I think it's a very good, versatile sling. I don't much like the HK snap hook I have. If I did it again I would get a mash hook.

I had an MS2 and didn't like it. The quick adjust feature didn't work well and the front clip tended to lever open when it was attached to certain sling mounts.

I thought there was a lock to prevent the front clip from coming undone :confused:

mike_556
12-08-10, 13:26

I ordered another sling from them yesterday--awesome sling and can't beat the price! (I have two VCAS and ordered a DDM4 to try out)........

GlockWRX
12-08-10, 13:33
I thought there was a lock to prevent the front clip from coming undone :confused:

There is, but it's kind of a pain to use. And if you forget to engage it your rifle could end up in the dirt.

cop1211
12-08-10, 20:07
Fellow lefty, Savvy sniper, or emdom gunslinger, or urban ert.