PDA

View Full Version : H&K P2000 vs Glock 19 Opinions, Please

Hootiewho
08-11-07, 19:53
I am considering two 9mm pistols for Concealed Carry, an H&K P2000 and a Glock 19. The P2000 has more of a natural point of aim to me and I like the LEM trigger better than the trigger on the Glock, but will the H&K be as reliable as the Glock? Of the two, which do you guys prefer and why? Your opinions are appreciated.

UPSguy
08-11-07, 20:06
I am considering two 9mm pistols for Concealed Carry, an H&K P2000 and a Glock 19. The P2000 has more of a natural point of aim to me and I like the LEM trigger better than the trigger on the Glock, but will the H&K be as reliable as the Glock? Of the two, which do you guys prefer and why? Your opinions are appreciated.Is it as reliable as the Glock, htat I don't know but I put 6000 rounds through mine in 2 years and never had a failure to fire. I did some nasty things just to see if I could make it stop. The only thing to mention is that it is extremely easy to cause it not to lock back on an empty mag with the long slide stop.

the1911fan
08-11-07, 20:48
H&K's ergo's suck for my hand...I've shot both quite a bit but always shot much better with G19. All the G19's I've shot as well as all H&K handgun models have been very durable/reliable. I had a USP 40C that I put 15K through in two years..never had any issues at all.

mark5pt56
08-11-07, 20:59
I say either one will be relaible. It all depends on which one feels the best for you and the manipulation of the controls (shootability) I don't like the HK's, simply because my hands push up the slide stop(high grip) The only pistol I've never done this to is a Sig. But then the Sig will have my trigger finger raw in short order because of the angle that my trigger finger goes on the trigger(rides underneath it, right side of my finger) I shoot Glocks with the standard slide lock and rotate my left thumb down and below the frame onto the left side of the trigger guard(lowers the base of my thumb so I don't hit the slide lock)

Gunfighter13
08-11-07, 21:15
H&K over the Glock any day. H&K has a 4.5 pull trigger mod and a 5.5 pull trigger mod. I carry my H&K almost every day and have shot all kinds of ammo through is with no malfunctions. :cool:

ShipWreck
08-11-07, 21:26
I second the HK.

blake6551
08-11-07, 22:26
I feel the G19 is the best overall handgun and carry one daily for CCW. I don't care for the LEM trigger and can't stand the blocky feel of the H&K. I also like being able to find spare mags and other parts nearly anywhere in the US. Reliability should not be an issue with either one. Get whichever you feel is more comfortable to shoot and carry.

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-12-07, 10:20
I like em' both, but the P2000 is better IMHO...

http://web.mac.com/timetravelfoundation/iWeb/The%20LAMP/PROJECT%3A%20Break%20my%20P2000/PROJECT%3A%20Break%20my%20P2000.html

5POINT56
08-12-07, 10:27
can't stand the blocky feel of the H&K.

Personally, I don't think there's a blockier feeling/looking pistol than a Glock.

To each their own, I just think Glocks, though very good pistols, have the ergonomics of a shoe box.

trio
08-12-07, 13:56
i dont particularly like the LEM trigger, so thats going to be the determiner for me...and I had DA/SA trigger pulls, so the V3 wouldnt be an option for me...

I like the g19 with a ghost connector in it....steady trigger pull...ergonomics are fine....

LOKNLOD
08-12-07, 14:03
I prefer the Glock, but it sounds like the HK works better for you. If it points better, you like the trigger better, etc. and that results in you shooting it better and having more confidence in it, then that's what you should get. I think the quality and reliability of the HK will be good to go...

Business_Casual
08-12-07, 15:58
In my opinion, the Glock is a better handgun for a civilian CCW for these reasons:

Customer Service
Spare Parts
Magazines available and cheap
Huge aftermarket supply
Easy to repair yourself

M_P

the1911fan
08-12-07, 16:04
I must add that the G19 to me feels perfectly balanced when fully loaded..sort of like a fully loaded all steel GM or Commander 1911 in 45 ACP. The other midsized Glocks have heavier slides that seem to me to throw the balance off making them feel top heavy.

And the H&K line is a bear to work on/modify..but I am terribly biased...only all steel 1911's in 45 ACP and the only Glock I like is the G19. To me there are no more durable/simple handguns than the 1911 and Glock.

MerQ
08-13-07, 08:16
I agree with the poster that said if the HK works better for you then get it.

They are both fine pistols. The HK costs a bit more but it should run just as well if not better. Either way this isn't a bad choice to have to make.

dwhitehorne
08-13-07, 13:18
I was issued the P2000 in 2005. My only complaint is the rubber back strap on the interchangable grip has a nice feel but I am constantly having to pull down my shirt because the tacky grip clings to everything. I am using a bladetech IWB for off duty. This is not on issued with the glock unless you use a rubber slip on grip. David

graffex
08-13-07, 19:11
They're both going to be stone cold reliable. Other than that they both will out shoot you. It should come down to some trigger time behind both to see what feels better in your hand.

My personal opinion is that I couldn't see spending all the extra money for a H&K. Parts and magazine are expensive as hell which is something to keep in mind. I used to be a big into USP's and was dead set on getting one until I spent some time with the Glock. It felt funny the first time or two out but now it feels great and I much happier with the Glock than I would be with the HK.