PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Rocket...

THCDDM4
12-09-10, 10:21
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/christmas-tree-rocket/20yudbea?q=Christmas+tree&rel=msn&from=ol_en-us_msnhpc&form=msnhed&gt1=42007&playermode=&ad=&adFull=&adPartial=&timePlaying=&gallery.categoryRequests=videobytag.aspx%3fmk%3dus%26vs%3d0%26ns%3dgallery%26tag%3dv5%2520hero%2520playlist%26sf%3dVideoId%26ipt%3d1

Irish
12-09-10, 10:45
Nice! :sarcastic:

montanadave
12-09-10, 18:24
I used to love shooting those Estes rockets when I was a kid. The old Big Bertha was the workhorse in my fleet, with all the kids in the neighborhood straddling their Stingrays on standby to recover the spent rocket (unless it landed on somebody's roof).

But I'm afraid we possessed neither the imagination nor the skills to pull off a stunt like this. And as for the differential calculus, I think we were still working on our multiplication tables. :sarcastic:

Militant83
12-09-10, 18:46
I used to love shooting those Estes rockets when I was a kid. The old Big Bertha was the workhorse in my fleet, with all the kids in the neighborhood straddling their Stingrays on standby to recover the spent rocket (unless it landed on somebody's roof).

But I'm afraid we possessed neither the imagination nor the skills to pull off a stunt like this. And as for the differential calculus, I think we were still working on our multiplication tables. :sarcastic:

I lost so many of those estes rockets when I was a kid..lol...They were fun though back in the younger days.

Bubba FAL
12-09-10, 20:16
I lost so many of those estes rockets when I was a kid..lol...They were fun though back in the younger days.

They were especially fun when packed with black powder mixed with various powdered metals (aluminum, magnesium, iron, etc.). Don't try this at home kids, it'll get you arrested as a terrorist nowadays...

THCDDM4
12-10-10, 08:35
Estes rockets were a lot of fun, especially the ones with a camera as payload that would take photos or video ponthe way up and down. I used to love building and launching those things.

I remember once in science calss for elementary (4th or 5th grade I believe?) we had to create a shock proof payload bay to hold an egg and see if anyone could get the egg to not break from the launch/descent. Great times. Do they still do that kind of stuff in elementary school now-a-days?

Haven't seen one being launched in a long time. Might just have to pull the old kits out and send one off for the New Year...