PDA

View Full Version : US sets up new super spy facility in Mexico City to combat Cartels etc.

VooDoo6Actual
12-09-10, 22:10
redaction.

citizensoldier16
12-10-10, 01:48
Anybody else thing this bears a striking resemblance to the "Search Bloc" of the 1992-1993 effort to extinguish Pablo Escobar?

willowofwisp
12-10-10, 08:13
The situation in Mexico is getting pretty rough, I actually did a 20 minute presentation for my Spanish class, drug trafficking was my example of Hispanic culture/current events. I would definitely not wanna be south of the border.

I always wondered what kept people from just assassinating the cartel leaders.

RogerinTPA
12-10-10, 10:12
Anybody else thing this bears a striking resemblance to the "Search Bloc" of the 1992-1993 effort to extinguish Pablo Escobar?

They will need a Mexican version of the "Los Pepes" to have a similiar effect...

DaBears_85
12-10-10, 11:38

Yeah, I can kinda see some parallels between the two. The biggest difference is that the United States' operations in Columbia were carried out with extreme secrecy, where as now they clearly want their presence to be felt by the drug cartels.

Ejh28
12-10-10, 13:39
I've been wondering how long it would take for the US to notice that 30k people have died in the fighting just across the border. We should have Army units on the border, armed and ready to repel anyone invading our country.

Toss some Reapers up there to take down some of the drug running trucks, they'll get the hint. The "war on drugs" is a farce at the moment.