PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard or, used Hammers Scopes?

C'yotecaller
08-12-07, 01:32
So, I was at the gun show in Vegas last weekend and ran across a table that had a couple tactical looking scopes called Hammers. They ran around $250 bucks. They had 1/4 target turrets with a side paralax adjustment. And where illuminated with a almost strange blue illumination. The illumination knob was also on a 45 degree angle to not obstruct the view of the elevation knob, which I liked. Alot of the other cheap scopes put it right on top of the scope and you go to tilt your head to see the elevation knob. But the coolest part about them was the leveling bubble inside the scope. Thats right, I said INSIDE! As you look thru the scope you see the cross hairs (which are mil-dot by the way) and at the bottom of the view there is a leveling bubble at the center of the scope. I thought it looked sweet, and seems like a brilliant idea you would think the high end scope companies would have thought of.
Since the show I have looked all over the internet and cant seem to find anything about them! Just curious if anyone out there owns one or had used one and what you think about them. Once again, the scope brand is HAMMERS.

chad
08-12-07, 11:22
Since the show I have looked all over the internet and cant seem to find anything about them!...

This what you are after?:

Hammers 5.5-20X50B tactical riflescope (http://hammersbinoculars.stores.yahoo.net/hatascsfwisi.html)

No, I have not used one or even seen one in person.

Chad

olds442tyguy
08-14-07, 17:46
I just did a quick Google search on them.

They're Chinese made by a company called Wing Sun. $250 is about $100 more than their most expensive scope, but that's not a surprising gun show price.

I only found about 4 reviews, but they all seemed favorable. :confused: I like that side focusing is standard, but I don't see any point to a leveling tube in a scope.

If it's going on a plinker, I guess the only thing you have to lose is a little bit of money. Heck, the cheap ass in me kind of even likes the 2-8x26 model, but I'm too poor to risk buying cheap unknown optics.

Don Robison
08-14-07, 17:54
If it's going on a plinker, I guess the only thing you have to lose is a little bit of money. Heck, the cheap ass in me kind of even likes the 2-8x26 model, but I'm too poor to risk buying cheap unknown optics.

Same here, I've got to buy quality so I don't waist money buying twice.