PDA

View Full Version : First Upper Build-300 AAC BLACKOUT-Advice?

Nevermiss
12-11-10, 09:54
I've built a few lowers and I've had two registered as SBR's. The one I plan to use for this build is a TI-15 BDX lower with Magpul ACS stock (I may swich to a UBR depending on how it balances the gun) and JP Tactical Fire control group.

I've started acquiring my upper components: Noveske 10" Blackout barrel, AAC Breakout, JP VTAC Midlength rail, Gear Sector light mount, Surefire E1B with VME head and Malkoff M31 drop in, and possibly a Magpul AFG2. I'll probably go with an Eotech I have lying around or put on my T1 from another rifle that doesn't get shot that much. I plan to order an AAC 762 SDN-6 suppressor once they are available.

I need to get a Bolt carrier group and I was planning on getting a BCM ( I just noticed that Grant has these in stock I'll contact him).

I've never assembled and upper before and I've watched the Brownell's video. I have an upper vice block, roll pin punches, and most of the equipment that I think I need to assemble this.

It looks like I just need a headspace gauge, torque wrench and barrel wrench. The trickiest part looks like lining up the gas tube inside the barrel nut.

If anyone has any other advice about components that you think would go well for this build (home defense gun and short range blasting fun) or tools that would be helpful, please share your ideas.

Thanks in advance!