PDA

View Full Version : My 870P is finally done....almost

Dos Cylindros
12-11-10, 15:55
The 870 P Max which had most of the stuff I wanted out of the box. Still, nothing is perfect for everyone right out of the box so I made a few changes. I ditched the speedfeed IV-S pistol grip stock in favor of a speedfeed field youth style stock with 13" LOP. I threw on a mesa tactical four round shell carrier and a mesa tactical single point HK style sling loop attachment. I replaced the factory Remington extention with a vang comp two round extention along with a van comp stainless follower and dome safety. All in all, I am really happy with the package and only plan two more changes. I am going to upgrade the light with one of the new smaller one cell surefire LED units, and next month the barrel is going to vang for his backbore and porting.

Pics, tell me what you think.

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac335/4N20/DSC_0034.jpg

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac335/4N20/DSC_0035.jpg

TOrrock
12-11-10, 18:16
Good, solid working shotgun.

Mind if I ask why you ditched the Remington mag extension? I know the Vang Comp is a great piece of kit, but what did you find lacking in the Remington?

Dos Cylindros
12-11-10, 18:19
Good, solid working shotgun.

Mind if I ask why you ditched the Remington mag extension? I know the Vang Comp is a great piece of kit, but what did you find lacking in the Remington?

Templar;

Thanks, I like how it turned out. I went away from the remington extention for no other reason than I did not want to use a magazine clamp and didn't like the groove in the remington extention when the mag clamp was not on the gun. I really like the Vang extention, as it is one solid part which I can really tighten down by hand and have no worrries of it coming loose without a mag clamp. You are right, there is nothing at all wrong with the factory remington mag extention, and now there is a spare in case of damage :D.

Buck
12-11-10, 21:29
Nice shotgun... You may also wish to think about adding a Wilson Jumbo safety...

B

Dos Cylindros
12-11-10, 21:33
Nice shotgun... You may also wish to think about adding a Wilson Jumbo safety...

B

Thanks, but if you look I added the vang jubo head safety which I find far superior to the Wilson unit. While the Wilson unit is bigger, it is only wider and does not stick out at far as the vang safety. The large dome on the vang safety is what makes it so much easier to de-activate.

terrymo
12-11-10, 21:46
Awesome. Very well thought out. You will not be disappointed in the Vang Comp barrel mods.