PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion! Please.

cjhasacj
12-11-10, 23:11
I've heard a lot of others, but have never put these in order. Please do so: BEST TO WORST
LWRC
POF-USA
BCM
KNIGHTS
LMT
DANIEL DEFENSE
RUGER
NOVESKE

(NO QUESTIONS...yes i understand there are a lot variables in this task)

Juicebox
12-11-10, 23:15
I've heard a lot of others, but have never put these in order. Please do so:
LWRC
POF-USA
BCM
KNIGHTS
LMT
DANIEL DEFENSE
RUGER
NOVESKE

BCM
DANIEL DEFENSE
KNIGHTS
LMT
LWRC
NOVESKE
POF-USA
RUGER

There ya go. Alphabetical order.

cjhasacj
12-11-10, 23:20
HA....ok best to worst

DJ_Skinny
12-11-10, 23:21
BCM (tie)
LMT (tie)
POF (tie)
LWRC
RUGER
KNIGHTS
NOVESKE
DANIEL DEFENSE

There ya go. Number of letters in the name.

Meplat
12-11-10, 23:25
I've heard a lot of others, but have never put these in order. Please do so:
LWRC
POF-USA
BCM
KNIGHTS
LMT
DANIEL DEFENSE
RUGER
NOVESKE

A lot of these companies have rifles that they build for specific purposes, i.e. some are accuracy oriented, others are run of the mill carbines, and some are blends of both/other. Additionally, a lot of these companies have numerous models and options that cover various applications and needs based not only on quality, but price and consumer needs. Therefor, it is unwise and frankly illogic to simply "rank" them on a list of which is "best", as the "best" is subjective to the person using it.
I am going to assume that you are a fairly new user and new to ARs. I'd recommend you do some research and thoroughly read through the relevant stickies in the "New to Firearms/shooting" and "AR Technical Dicussion" forums.
Don't buy what's best because some guy on a forum said it was. Buy what's best because you did your research and have a thorough understanding of what makes it "the best".
The last thing I suggest is, as a likely new AR user, to skip the piston ARs like LWRC, POF, Ruger, and the LMT offerings for various reasons. Beside those brands, and also including LMT in this, I see a lot of good ARs that would serve most people well.

ucrt
12-11-10, 23:31

It's kind of like an AR-ology IQ Test. Hmmm...I ain't playing... :)

TonyTacoma
12-11-10, 23:33
Purpose of this?

Belmont31R
12-11-10, 23:34
What a dumb question.....

Rohardi
12-11-10, 23:36
KNIGHTS TIE
NOVESKE TIE
DANIEL DEFENSE TIE
LMT TIE
BMC TIE
RUGER
LWRC
RUGER
POF-USA

The ones I listed as a tie really do come down to user preference and you won't be making a bad choice with any of them IMHO. Best bang for the buck is the Knights SR-15 E3 in my opinion though. It comes ready to go out of the box with everything you'll need aside from an optic.

cjhasacj
12-11-10, 23:54
A lot of these companies have rifles that they build for specific purposes, i.e. some are accuracy oriented, others are run of the mill carbines, and some are blends of both/other. Additionally, a lot of these companies have numerous models and options that cover various applications and needs based not only on quality, but price and consumer needs. Therefor, it is unwise and frankly illogic to simply "rank" them on a list of which is "best", as the "best" is subjective to the person using it.
I am going to assume that you are a fairly new user and new to ARs. I'd recommend you do some research and thoroughly read through the relevant stickies in the "New to Firearms/shooting" and "AR Technical Dicussion" forums.
Don't buy what's best because some guy on a forum said it was. Buy what's best because you did your research and have a thorough understanding of what makes it "the best".
The last thing I suggest is, as a likely new AR user, to skip the piston ARs like LWRC, POF, Ruger, and the LMT offerings for various reasons. Beside those brands, and also including LMT in this, I see a lot of good ARs that would serve most people well.

Thank you!
I was just looking for a general opinion on these companies. But your just telling it like it is. Im not quite ready to build. Just want to buy and outofthebox setup thats built with quality and durability. Once I own one, Ill go from there, on building one down the road. I have my eye on either a Daniel Defense or a Knights.

Whootsinator
12-12-10, 00:36
Thank you!
I was just looking for a general opinion on these companies. But your just telling it like it is. Im not quite ready to build. Just want to buy and outofthebox setup thats built with quality and durability. Once I own one, Ill go from there, on building one down the road. I have my eye on either a Daniel Defense or a Knights.

If you have the cash, I don't think you'll find a single person here that wouldn't recommend the KAC SR-15E3. You could probably say the same for the Daniel Defense. That said, between the two, most people would say grab the KAC if you can swing it. It's in a class of its own.

Jake Bauer
12-12-10, 00:39
Noveske
Daniel Defense
BCM
LWRC
Knights
LMT
POF
Ruger

hammonje
12-12-10, 00:46
Springfield Armory
Harringtom & Richardson
TRW
Smith Corona
Underwood
Inland
Remington Arms
Noveske
BCM/Daniel Defense

:)

rat31465
12-12-10, 07:52
You really should take the time to read through the sticky's.

MookNW
12-12-10, 10:00
No Colt?

JSantoro
12-12-10, 10:17
This is gonna go south in a hurry, and is pointless. Save your popularity votes for when Idol is back on.