PDA

View Full Version : Horus Vision Talon for transition to Shortdot?

nikuraba29
12-12-10, 10:04
So I came across the the S&B shortdot as I was looking for a close to medium range engagement optic. I am pretty familiar with USMC issued ACOG and have two tours to Iraq with an EOTECH 553 (and never had it fail me). Within the last year and half I have transitioned am now using a T-1 (thanks, Pat Rogers). I am looking for something with a llittle more magnification and am not really sure if I want the 3x magnifier that flips to the side

Since I am unfamiliar with using a ShortDot/Talon optic and am not sure I will like it, I am considering the talon since it is a quarter of the cost S&B and using it as a introductory optic to this style of shooting/target recognition. If it works I can put it on my M&P 15-22 and then get a Shortdot for courses and work. Any thoughts or comments regarding the time it take to become familiar/ comfortable was the learning curve steep or easy with this style of shooting.

Thanks and S/F,

iwouldntknow
12-12-10, 14:53
I have a S&B Shortdot and if I were to do it again, I'd probably go with a trijicon accupoint 1-4x. Really, the only thing its missing is the mildots, which I'd greatly prefer it would have.

CLHC
12-12-10, 17:26
Here's a thread I found that's quite dated:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=2556

:cool:

nikuraba29
12-12-10, 18:40
CLHC,

I came across the same thread in a previous search. What I am looking at is comments on trying out this style of sight vs a red dot before dropping the coin on a Shortdot.

thanks,