PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon RMR or Leupold Deltapoint for handgun?

Lucky Strike
12-12-10, 11:02
I'm getting one of these two mounted on an M&P.

I couldn't decide which to get so I ordered both and sell the one that I decide not to keep after looking them over.

David Bowie really likes the Deltapoint and has put them on his personal/work handguns. He likes the larger sight picture.

Gabe Suarez thinks the Deltapoint is crap and doesn't belong on a handgun.

Hearing such differing opinions from two people whose knowledge I respect is making the decision a tough one. I'll admit the $100+ cheaper price tag on the Leupold is a factor but I don't want to get one if it's not up to snuff.

Just seeing what opinions are out there amongst you guys.

glockkid88
12-12-10, 20:00
I have only used the rmr on handguns and I think that the leupold is a better sight. The metal around the glass sorta dissappears when looking through the leupold with both eyes open, this is not the case with the rmr. I know an instructor who had his rmr go down in a class. Also the triangle reticle is really precise on the leupold. I have not used the leupold on a handgun but it seems to be the best mini red dot going right now for pistol applications. I am having Dave Bowie mount one on my HD glock 17 later this year. If Dave Bowie has one on his swat pistol then that tells me more than what someone on the one way range sais. Also David sells both sights, why would David want to sell you a less expensive sight unless he truly believes that it is the best? I would save the money and use the leupold. Just my opinion.