PDA

View Full Version : William Shatner on Gun Control

CarlosDJackal
12-12-10, 16:08
Just had to share this: William Shatner on Gun Control (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0D78JtxmqI)

Gutshot John
12-12-10, 16:36
Brilliant!

Suwannee Tim
12-12-10, 16:43
I have always liked Shatner. He reminds me of me.:D (In my dreams!) What an old ham! Nobody can do the over-dramatization and pull it off like Shatner!

RogerinTPA
12-12-10, 16:46
Awesome!:p

jklaughrey
12-12-10, 16:48
Shatner has been my hero ever since I watched my first Star Trek episode with my father. Shoot first ask questions later and all the alien poontang he gets while making Spock take the bridge. Brilliant, utterly brilliant.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-12-10, 16:50
Uh, he's ACTING. I'm pretty sure he is pretty liberal and anit-gun. He's frickin' Canadian.

one
12-12-10, 16:53
Denny Crane was one of the best characters ever on t.v.

I actually walked past Shatner at the Tulsa convention this year and yelled a quick "Denny Crane!" at him and he gave it right back.

Sure, it doesn't mean anything to you, but it was awesome for me.

Safetyhit
12-12-10, 17:08
Uh, he's ACTING.

I noticed that as well. Hardly indicative of his views on gun control, or actually anything else for that matter. Hell just look at Sylvester Stallone.

Whootsinator
12-12-10, 17:09
I noticed that as well. Hardly indicative of his views on gun control, or actually anything else for that matter. Hell just look at Sylvester Stallone.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was the first to come to my mind.

Suwannee Tim
12-12-10, 17:13
Shatner has been my hero ever since I watched my first Star Trek episode with my father. Shoot first ask questions later and all the alien poontang he gets while making Spock take the bridge. Brilliant, utterly brilliant.

Damn right!

Uh, he's ACTING. I'm pretty sure he is pretty liberal and anit-gun. He's frickin' Canadian.

Damn it From, did you really, really have to go and puncture my last fantasy?
Screw that, he ain't no pantie waisted Canadian! He's an American! A red blooded Romulan wasting American! I don't care what you say.

PRGGodfather
12-12-10, 17:26
Well, humor aside -- this particular piece was intended to make fun of pro-gun folks, even if it did "miss the mark."

Denny Crane from Boston Legal is a character created and written by David E. Kelley, a TV producer and screenwriter married to Michelle Pfeiffer. He definitely likes his reefer (based on his prior arrests) and he is also a fairly well-known member of the anti-gun Hollywood elite, according to NRA-ILA:

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

Sorry to bust your bubble. I still think it was a funny bit. If we cannot laugh at ourselves, what fun is it?

And yes, William Shatner was born Canadian, and is an American citizen. And he is as bald as an egg.

CLHC
12-12-10, 17:30
While comical, it does point out that there is a time to talk, and a time to shoot.

This. :cool:

theblackknight
12-12-10, 17:37
yep , sadly he's only acting like a man that has a pair.:sarcastic:

500grains
12-12-10, 17:48
The noble liberal should have shown that he could resolve the situation with ordinary office equipment rather than with a gun.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/27/35828775_32e3ee0726.jpg?v=0

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-12-10, 18:12
Damn it From, did you really, really have to go and puncture my last fantasy?
Screw that, he ain't no pantie waisted Canadian! He's an American! A red blooded Romulan wasting American! I don't care what you say.

Pam Anderson's boob's aren't real, and we need to talk about Santa....

SteyrAUG
12-12-10, 18:33

While your general point is valid, most accounts have Shatner being pro gun.

chadbag
12-12-10, 18:36

Well, if you mean it in the sense that all Canadians are just Americans that say "Eh" at the end of every sentence maybe you are right.

You must have missed the closing ceremonies of this last winter olympics in BC

The_War_Wagon
12-13-10, 07:29
While your general point is valid, most accounts have Shatner being pro gun.

That's what I'd heard, too. He is pushing 80, last I checked - that's not exactly a panty-waist age. I got a 79 year old Korean Vet at my church (USA, Infantry), and he's definitely no panty-waist.

I thought I read something about him participating in some celebrity shoots in the '80's and '90's in gun periodicals of the era, too.

CarlosDJackal
12-13-10, 08:56
Even though he was acting, Shatner was playing the classic Shatner (albeit under a different character name). Just because he's Canadian it doesn't mean he's not pro-gun. I first got into shooting when I was still living in Canada myself.

As far whether or not Shatner is pro or anti-gun; I really could not tell you. I could not find any record of him stating or supporting one side or the other.

But this is irrelevant for the original intent of this thread. I posted it because I thought it was funny!! YMMV.

Spiffums
12-13-10, 11:42
He is Jewish........ and in my opinion a Jew or a Native American Indian should be the last people to be in favor of Gun Control....... unless they mean the shirt that says Means using both hands!

SteyrAUG
12-13-10, 23:53
He is Jewish........ and in my opinion a Jew or a Native American Indian should be the last people to be in favor of Gun Control....... unless they mean the shirt that says Means using both hands!

Yep. But sadly many have not learned from the past, especially those Jewish members of Congress. It is horribly ironic to see them attempt to disarm the populace for the "good of the state."