PDA

View Full Version : New three power compact Acog.

Boom
06-07-06, 22:42
Has anyone picked one up yet? I want to see a good review on the new optic. I am very excited to hear about it.

C4IGrant
06-08-06, 15:23
I don't think they are out yet. A small group got them for T&E, but that is it.

C4

Boom
06-09-06, 10:57
I don't think they are out yet. A small group got them for T&E, but that is it.

C4

That's what I heard. I was hoping more had filtered out by now. I really look forward to this optic. I love the compacts but have wanted a good eye relief 3 power for some time now.

C4IGrant
06-09-06, 14:32
That's what I heard. I was hoping more had filtered out by now. I really look forward to this optic. I love the compacts but have wanted a good eye relief 3 power for some time now.

I am a big fan of the compact ACOG's as well so I cannot wait for these to start showing up.

C4

popodaman
07-03-06, 14:46
The short eye relief of the compact 3X has always been a turn off for me. I am glad to see this issue may be fixed. I can't wait for one. I think one of these will work perfectly on top of the Colt upper that Grant is going tweak for me.

Thanks Grant for your hard work

and

Thanks to all involved for a great site.

Duane

MaceWindu
07-03-06, 15:27
Gents,

I personally am a fan of the 2x Compact ACOG. GTG for CQB and mid-range shots...the 3x is a bit strong for up close and personal. Specifically the TA47R-2...DA HEAT!:D

Mace

9DivDoc
07-27-06, 21:04
I was pretty exited about the xtra eye relief at 3X

But on an arfcom thread...Trij says it only gonna be about 2in...
vs the 3.5 originally thought...

If that's the case I will stick with the 2X red triangle on the wife's AR

ttp://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=280591

Here is a link to the ArF Com discussion of the new compact ACOG if you are interested...

rob_s
07-28-06, 13:06
I also would have liked to have seen the eye relief stay at 3.5" (I currently run a 1.5x wtih 3.6" of eye relief).

Boom
07-28-06, 20:14
Well that blows I was really hoping for longer eye relief. 2" is still better that what they had before so it's not all bad.