View Full Version : Don King busted with ammo in his carry-on bags

The_War_Wagon
12-13-10, 07:31
... on his way to his wife's funeral in FL! :eek:

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/26112295/detail.html

Must be some kinda funeral! :o

rubberneck
12-13-10, 07:59
Why would a convicted felon need ammo for a gun he couldn't legally own under federal law?:rolleyes:

500grains
12-13-10, 08:03
That could happen to anyone. I accidentally had a few rounds of ammo in a baby stroller one time. TSA was ok with it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-13-10, 09:37
I think it happens more often than you'd think, especially with CCW so common now. A couple rounds here, a spare mag there. It seems like gun+ammo is when they get less understanding ;). Known a couple of people that had a few spare rounds in the bottom of their bags and nothing major happened to them.

A felon with ammo does raise some eyebrows.

Did he hide them in his hair?

Mac5.56
12-13-10, 10:38
A felon with ammo does raise some eyebrows.

He's one of those special kinds of felons that gets away with more cause he's famous. :rolleyes:

Gutshot John
12-13-10, 10:40
It's happened to me before. Though it doesn't say he was busted. Just that the ammo was confiscated and he was free to continue his trip.

thopkins22
12-13-10, 14:15
Before 9/11 my grandfather accidentally tried to take a loaded revolver through security.

He traveled as a salesman and always kept the revolver in his suitcase...had flown with it multiple times, but never carried that bag on until that day.

The local cops/TSA were extremely rude and aggressive with him. The FBI arrived and told them to let him go. No charges were pressed, nor did we ever see the revolver again.

I imagine it's too late to retrieve my property now.

skyugo
12-13-10, 16:16
Before 9/11 my grandfather accidentally tried to take a loaded revolver through security.

He traveled as a salesman and always kept the revolver in his suitcase...had flown with it multiple times, but never carried that bag on until that day.

The local cops/TSA were extremely rude and aggressive with him. The FBI arrived and told them to let him go. No charges were pressed, nor did we ever see the revolver again.

I imagine it's too late to retrieve my property now.

i imagine he'd have done some time with today's "security" measures. :eek:

BrianS
12-13-10, 17:37
He's one of those special kinds of felons that gets away with more cause he's famous. :rolleyes:

No, he was pardoned which restores his rights.

armakraut
12-13-10, 18:59
.38 and .357

Way to go Don King. Kickin' it old school.

If a person is too dangerous to own guns an ammo, they should be in prison, or in the ground.