PDA

View Full Version : New M&P9C: To Trijicon or not

rjacobs
12-13-10, 10:41
I am about to go pickup an MP9C. I am going back and forth on getting the Trijicons on it from the factory for 55 bucks more or getting the plain white dots and getting some warren tacticals like I have on my MP9FS. It would take me a month or two to afford the Warren's.

I have never shot any gun with the standard Trijicons. I have only looked at them at the gun shop and they dont seem bad, but definitely not the same sight picture or ease of sight alignment as the warrens.

What would you all do? What are the Trijicons worth if I get them and take them off and sell them when I pickup a set of Warrens? If its only 50 bucks, then its not worth it to pay 55 bucks for them from the factory, that money would be better spent on the Warrens in the first place. However if its like 100 bucks, then spending the 55 now might not be a bad idea.

JohnN
12-13-10, 10:48
I'm sure you can live with the factory sights for a month until you can grab the Warren's. IMO, the Warren's are a substantial improvement.

rjacobs
12-13-10, 10:52
Well the LEO dealer here in STL only has one left and it has fixed sights so I guess I am going with them. Oh well, didnt honestly want the trijicons anyway.

Irish10
12-13-10, 13:55
Mine were all LE guns and came with the factory trijicons which I got rid of for Heinie Ledge Straight 8 tritiums. The majority of my pistols have this setup as it works best with my eyes. Nothing wrong with the factory ones but it would be nice if they made the rear a bit wider.

R.CoreyMorrow
12-13-10, 18:22
I am leaning toward the str8 8 set up as well. That particular sight seems to suit my eye. JMO

rjacobs
12-13-10, 20:09
Picked up the fixed sight version since its what they had left. Wasnt to excited about the Trijicons when I looked through another gun. They had them there aftermarket for like 120 bucks, uh, no thanks.

Went to the range and of course the front dot flew off the sight on the first round, which honestly didnt surprise me since its a known issue. I guess I will be ordering another set of Warrens sooner than I really wanted to.

P.S. shooting 500 round with no dot in the front sight SUCKS.

mikecon75
12-15-10, 16:56
Like some of the other guys who have posted, I too am a Heinie straight 8s fan for a work and defense gun.