PDA

View Full Version : Idaho non ffl handgun shipping through Fedex/UPS

reccerecon
12-13-10, 16:52
Today I tried to send a couple of handguns to a FFL overnight freight. Both Fedex and UPS would not accept them from me as a non dealer. Before this I checked the laws and it said I can do this. Has anyone else had this happen? I had to spend $70 to have a dealer ship them for me. They said I could be a regional/manager policy. I personally think they should not have the power to override the law. The website that had the laws stated Fedex or UPS would do this. Is it just me or does this seem screwed up? Also I'm in Twin Falls Idaho.

chadbag
05-14-11, 12:34
Today I tried to send a couple of handguns to a FFL overnight freight. Both Fedex and UPS would not accept them from me as a non dealer. Before this I checked the laws and it said I can do this. Has anyone else had this happen? I had to spend $70 to have a dealer ship them for me. They said I could be a regional/manager policy. I personally think they should not have the power to override the law. The website that had the laws stated Fedex or UPS would do this. Is it just me or does this seem screwed up? Also I'm in Twin Falls Idaho.

ASk to speak to a manager. Or their manager. Print off the UPS or Fedex websites the policy as well as the US Code on this and present that. Escalate. There is a lot of misinformation at the depots on this.

reccerecon
05-14-11, 13:16
Thanks for the reply. I've been meaning to update this, a week ago I talked to the UPS manager and he had no problem shipping it for me, he also made sure the employees understood the law. I haven't been back to Fedex, I talked to the manager the day they wouldn't ship it for me. It's honestly a lot cheaper to ship handguns through my FFL anyway, $44 anywhere CONUS. I haven't shipped long guns in awhile but I imagine they would expansive to ship through UPS. Thanks again for the reply, I have been meaning to go back to Fedex with the print offs but can't get the time to do it.