PDA

View Full Version : where to find a Triple Tap

Rohardi
12-13-10, 20:41
I'm looking to get a Triple Tap for my KAC SR-15. I was wondering if anyplace has them in stock or if I would have to just find an individual who has one that's selling it? I'm looking to pick one up come income tax return time and I never see any one with them in stock. Is Knights going to do another run of them if no one has them in stock?

cop1211
12-13-10, 21:08
MSTN, or Gun Gallery.

theoak
12-13-10, 21:45
What's the big deal about the KAC Triple Taps? Are they that effective, or just a collector's item? The last I saw they were selling for over $400.00...for a brake!

I was at a gunstore the other day when a guy whipped out his M4 w/ Triple Tap and laid it on the counter. He sat back, folded his arms, and listened to other customers oooh and aaah.

I guess it definitely has a coolness factor.

Rohardi
12-13-10, 21:48
What's the big deal about the KAC Triple Taps? Are they that effective, or just a collector's item? The last I saw they were selling for over $400.00...for a brake!

I was at a gunstore the other day when a guy whipped out his M4 w/ Triple Tap and laid it on the counter. He sat back, folded his arms, and listened to other customers oooh and aaah.

I guess it definitely has a coolness factor.

For me, it's a little of both. From what I have heard, it really works, then throw in the coolness factor and bam, you have a +$400 price. But I can splurge a little with my tax return. I just think a KAC brake for my KAC rifle too.

Belmont31R
12-13-10, 22:29
It has nothing to do with a coolness factor. There is no other comp that will accept a NT4 can that doesn't blast the shit out of people next to you. PWS makes a brake/comp that works but those are very blasty in comparison.

The cost has to do with how hard they are to make, and they go through expensive tooling like crazy to make one. Making one of them eats through enough tooling costs to buy a comp like a PWS.

If you want a similar effect just buy a BattleComp. However the BC does not work with the KAC can, and they are cheaper due to the material and manufacturing methods. The material BC uses is far easier to work with than inconel.

theoak
12-13-10, 22:42
It has to be cool if Chris Costa uses one :cool:

Let me know if you find one + how it works....

Belmont31R
12-13-10, 22:45
It has to be cool if Chris Costa uses one :cool:

Let me know if you find one + how it works....

Have you shot with one?

theoak
12-13-10, 23:06
Have you shot with one?

I haven't, but I would be interested in trying one.

For now, I'm happy with my Surefire FH556-212A...

Belmont31R
12-13-10, 23:15
I haven't, but I would be interested in trying one.

All I needed to know...;)

ALCOAR
12-13-10, 23:24
The reason why TT's are expensive is two fold....

First reason is that there is a extremely limited market for selling such an item as a Triple Tap break thereby manufacturing cost associated with making them cannot be lower due to limited demand.

Secondly, the TT is machined outta of Inconel...if your a metallurgist than enough said...if not take a moment to learn about how tough of a metal it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inconel

theoak
12-14-10, 06:35
Is everyone won over that tries a Triple Tap? If it's that in demand, why doesn't Knights find a way to increase production?

I'm assuming that being a brake, it doesn't suppress flash at all?

SteveL
12-14-10, 06:46
One of my local shops had one or two in stock the last time I was there. Maybe they would ship you one.

http://www.gungalleryjax.com/

Zach
12-14-10, 07:18
... Is Knights going to do another run of them if no one has them in stock?

Yes, the next batch will have a new, durable coating.

yellowfin
12-14-10, 07:31
It has nothing to do with a coolness factor. There is no other comp that will accept a NT4 can that doesn't blast the shit out of people next to you. It seems there aren't that many comps/brakes that mount cans at all that aren't blasty like that.

Belmont31R
12-14-10, 13:04
Is everyone won over that tries a Triple Tap? If it's that in demand, why doesn't Knights find a way to increase production?

I'm assuming that being a brake, it doesn't suppress flash at all?

Its a comp not a brake.

It works pretty well at flash suppression. Certainly much better than something like the AAC brake out or PWS from the pics/vids Ive seen.