PDA

View Full Version : Nutnfancy dont like the guy and dont agree with every thing he says but...........

devildogljb
12-13-10, 23:22
so yeah im not a big fan of what he teaches and his thoughts on alot of firearms or his videos (i just think he likes to hear his own voice). Do like some of his gear reviews. But i have to give him respect for his 20+ years in the airforce. I knew he served in the reserve's but i never seen him say what he did though he was just some desk jocky but he posted a new video to show what he did today and i would have to say i would love his job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlBHYxW4MLM&feature=sub

variablebinary
12-14-10, 01:56
so yeah im not a big fan of what he teaches and his thoughts on alot of firearms or his videos (i just think he likes to hear his own voice). Do like some of his gear reviews. But i have to give him respect for his 20+ years in the airforce. I knew he served in the reserve's but i never seen him say what he did though he was just some desk jocky but he posted a new video to show what he did today and i would have to say i would love his job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlBHYxW4MLM&feature=sub

He's having a fun ass time doing a hobby he enjoys. Can't hate on him for that.

devildogljb
12-14-10, 02:13
He's having a fun ass time doing a hobby he enjoys. Can't hate on him for that.

Oh i defeintly dont fault him by any means i just dont agree with him but i do like the the review on the gear bought a condor soft shell jacket and i love it, but other then that just dont agree with most of his theories and thoughts on the ar-15 platform and tactics. But other then that more power to him to keep making vids and getting paid to do it from youtube lol. Just wish he made his vids a little shorter also

kwelz
12-14-10, 08:07
yeah I don't agree with him a lot of times but you have to give him props for doing what he loves and being successful at it.

And honestly I will take him over that idiot MrAK47Master any day.

theblackknight
12-14-10, 08:46
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=49814&highlight=nutnfancy

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/nutnfancy-blackhawk-down-nutndown.jpg

GermanSynergy
12-14-10, 08:53
He lacks any real training/experience, and seems to be enamored with Airsoft gear. I also fail to see how one can objectively review the merits of any firearm (which he does) without first shooting it. The guy seems to like the P250, but hasn't shot one! :rolleyes:

Guy is a complete joke, IMHO.

ForTehNguyen
12-14-10, 08:59
he likes to hear himself talk, hence why it takes him 45 min to review a pistol at times. Cut to the chase please.

kal
12-14-10, 12:54
I find some of his videos helpful.

Sometimes he'll demonstrate how a particular feature on a firearm works when otherwise I would have had no clue.

He also does shoot many different firearms and there's plenty of videos he has posted up.

Icculus
12-14-10, 13:20
Can't handle the gun reviews or the "tactical" shooting demonstrations but I do like the knife reviews. Give's me a chance to view a lot of different blades from all angles. He can keep the rest.

Heavy Metal
12-14-10, 13:55
He lacks any real training/experience, and seems to be enamored with Airsoft gear. I also fail to see how one can objectively review the merits of any firearm (which he does) without first shooting it. The guy seems to like the P250, but hasn't shot one! :rolleyes:

Guy is a complete joke, IMHO.

I'm sure no LAV or Ken H but that guys skills are a joke. He makes me feel good about myself.

He ought to un-**** himself if he is going to put himself in the spotlight.

jklaughrey
12-14-10, 14:05
While I appreciate his service and dedication to our country. He should stay in his lane if he has no formal training or expertise in the reviews he does. From my view he is narcissistic and loves to play dress up for the "ninjas" out there. Un-**** himself YES, and know his role would go along way to being more credible. Not to mention actually doing a review on gear he actually has used or taken to the range, etc...

SHIVAN
12-14-10, 14:20
Thanks for his service, but does anyone believe he's in his lane with his firearms and knife reviews? He appears completely out of his depth.

Any further linkages to his videos will be edited out, BTW. Fair warning.

RogerinTPA
12-14-10, 15:46
Any tool bag with a basic understanding of firearms and a hard on for airsoft gear, can make pompous rants on YouTube about said firearms. If an individual's understanding is at or below this basic level, then you might be impressed because of what has been said time and time again on M4C: You don't know what you don't know.

steve-oh
12-14-10, 16:20
he posted a new video to show what he did today and i would have to say i would love his job

You'd like to be an Air Force reserve KC135 pilot? Alright man, hey - have at it! Judging by your screenname I'd say if you did anything 03XX related you'll have done much cooler stuff in your career, but I guess it's all personal preference.

Magic_Salad0892
12-15-10, 11:42
Very poor weapon handling in some of his videos, and he hangs out with a LOT of idiots.

He also leaves out important information, and displays a blatant bias.

He also doesn't talk about SBRs, or Suppressors which are my main ''thing.'' So I tend to stop listening.

He also said that the Ruger SR-556 was ''piston done right''.

SHIVAN
12-15-10, 12:19
He also doesn't talk about SBRs, or Suppressors which are my main ''thing.'' So I tend to stop listening.

Pretty sure he did a big three part series at Silencerco...

DragonDoc
12-15-10, 13:23
I say let the man enjoy one of his passions. Just understand that he is a pilot and has never seen the elephant. So take what he says with a grain of salt (or 800mg of Motrin). He does review quite a few weapons that I am interested in and that I would like to see in action. I don't particularly care about his weapon handling skills, marksmanship, pedigree, etc. I just want to see the gun function.

Now if he makes videos about flying 737s and larger aircraft I might give more credence to his opinions.

theblackknight
12-15-10, 14:56
I say let the man enjoy one of his passions. Just understand that he is a pilot and has never seen the elephant. So take what he says with a grain of salt (or 800mg of Motrin). He does review quite a few weapons that I am interested in and that I would like to see in action. I don't particularly care about his weapon handling skills, marksmanship, pedigree, etc. I just want to see the gun function.

Now if he makes videos about flying 737s and larger aircraft I might give more credence to his opinions.

AH the infamous motrin, and a change of socks!

devildogljb
12-15-10, 16:53
You'd like to be an Air Force reserve KC135 pilot? Alright man, hey - have at it! Judging by your screenname I'd say if you did anything 03XX related you'll have done much cooler stuff in your career, but I guess it's all personal preference.

Well i just ment as a pilot, not so much the air force reserve. Ive always had a thing for flying but just never had enough money to go and do it.

Redhat
12-15-10, 17:21

Indeed! I would wager that in a 20 year flying career he has probably experienced some "white knuckle" moments in the form of IFEs and such.

As for his channel, I find it entertaining and also find his camping gear reviews useful.

SW-Shooter
12-15-10, 21:35
I don't know why everyone is so against this guy, between here and TOS you'd think this guy is a POS that should STFU.

But in all actuality he's one of us, a kindred spirit. I bet if everyone here posted their own Youtube video there would be a percentage of people with the same negative attitude about it. Narcissism is a personality trait (some say disorder) that makes one think they are better than others. I see quite a bit of that in the gun community.

Keep on filming nutnfancy, it's not bad that someone out there is willing to post an opinion on stuff that we all love to talk about. Agree or disagree, it takes courage to put a video out there that is viewed a few hundred thousand times.

justin_247
12-16-10, 19:19
The problem with him is that he acts like he's an expert when he's nothing of the sort. Additionally, he bans any commentators who disagree with him.

I work on a KC-135 base and I respect what he does as much as anybody, but he's really let things get to his head.

And as a maintenance officer, I can assure you that pilot know-it-alls are some of the biggest a**holes in the world.

I don't know why everyone is so against this guy, between here and TOS you'd think this guy is a POS that should STFU.

But in all actuality he's one of us, a kindred spirit. I bet if everyone here posted their own Youtube video there would be a percentage of people with the same negative attitude about it. Narcissism is a personality trait (some say disorder) that makes one think they are better than others. I see quite a bit of that in the gun community.

Keep on filming nutnfancy, it's not bad that someone out there is willing to post an opinion on stuff that we all love to talk about. Agree or disagree, it takes courage to put a video out there that is viewed a few hundred thousand times.

theblackknight
12-17-10, 10:51

because he posts 40 min long vids about pistols he's never shot.