PDA

View Full Version : Story: Gun found at tanning salon shooting matches one used in 'honeybee' killing

nickdrak
12-14-10, 02:59
Just a great ****ing story....

Sources told the Tribune today that ballistics testing on the gun found at the scene of a shooting at an Orland Park tanning salon this weekend show it was the same gun used in October shootings in Illinois and Indiana.

That .38-caliber revolver was carried into the tanning salon this weekend by Gary Amaya during a robbery, police said, and a customer at the salon subsequently used it to kill Amaya after grabbing the gun Saturday night.

Link:http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/12/cops-cardon-off-home-of-possible-honeybee-killer.html

They just don't end any better than this one did. This guy McDaniel is an absolute ****ing hero! God bless him!

Luke_Y
12-14-10, 06:08
Will County sheriff's police in October charged Lynwood police Officer Brian Dorian with the shooting spree. But prosecutors dropped the charges a few days later after evidence showed Dorian had been on his home computer the morning of the shootings.

Not knowing the back story; How did they end up charging the Lynwood Police Officer the first time around?

nickdrak
12-14-10, 12:04
He was stopped for a traffic violation far away from the scene of the initial shooting a couple days after they occurred. I guess his pick-up somewhat resembled the suspect vehicle and his physical description was in the ballpark.

From what I heard, the living victim of the second shooting was shown a 8 year old drivers license picture of Dorian and then shown a photo line-up which contained the same photo which he id'ed as his shooter.

bulbvivid
12-14-10, 14:24
Good on McDaniel. That's an impressive story with a healthy dose of warrior mindset.

I'm kinda surprised, though, that he didn't get charged with unlawful possession of a handgun.

They'll probably use this as a reason why law-abiding citizens shouldn't be allowed to own handguns; if they need one for defense, they should just take it from the person robbing them. :D

SWATcop556
12-14-10, 16:20
Good for McDaniel. Mindset is everything.

steve-oh
12-14-10, 16:24
I take back everything I ever said about male tanning salon patrons.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-14-10, 17:45
I take back everything I ever said about male tanning salon patrons.

except they are good at grabbing others people's guns? ;)

Don't know if it was a quote or an actual tape of McDaniel, but he said he knew he had to do something if he ever wanted to see his family again. That's doing it the hard way. Here's one gun grabber we can support! Not only did he take it away, he used it on the BG.

nickdrak
12-15-10, 14:17
Surveillance video of the tanning salon incident: http://tinleypark.patch.com/articles/video-watch-as-hero-thwarts-la-tan-robbery#video-3946238

The good guy (McDaniel) was looking for his opportunity the entire time. He was not going to allow Amaya to determine his fate.

Buckaroo
12-15-10, 15:26
I wonder what he would have done if the clerk had just said "NO" to tying herself up?

He didn't seem to be in a hurry or worried about someone else walking in on what he was doing.

Guess that is what got him killed.

Too bad no audio...

Buckaroo