PDA

View Full Version : ghetto lobster and the death penalty

500grains
12-14-10, 10:53
My primary gripe about the death penalty is that it is not implemented within one year of conviction, thus depriving it of some of its intended deterrent effect.

But in a case like this, I would like to see the death penalty implemented immediately for the purpose of retribution:

"Dallas Police: Dead Toddler Dropped in Boiling Water"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/14/dallas-police-dead-toddler-dropped-boiling-water/#ixzz186cXfktt

perp:

"The boyfriend of the child's mother is a convicted murderer named Carlnelus Delaney Simmons."

http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/U.S./397/224/121410_dallasmurder.JPG

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/14/dallas-police-dead-toddler-dropped-boiling-water/

SWATcop556
12-14-10, 11:01
Unfortunately the automatic appeals process for death penalty cases is a very long drawn out ordeal.

We had a very similar case here only is was a bathtub filled with scalding water. The little girl died several days later also from infection from the burns. Shit bag plead to 30 years.

I have a feeling that this one will end up in a similar manner. These guys know how emotional dead kids make juries so they don't risk it. Stuff like this makes me run home and hold my little one.

Entropy
12-14-10, 11:05
Dumping him into boiling water would be a good start.

parishioner
12-14-10, 11:07
I don't think the death penalty is much of a deterrent for people who do these types of things. You have to have humanity first and animals like this have none. The death penalty is more about flushing the shit that contaminates society.

May he burn for eternity.

rickrock305
12-14-10, 11:31
That shit makes my stomach turn man. :(

Littlelebowski
12-14-10, 11:44
You need a blog, 500grains.

GermanSynergy
12-14-10, 13:09
The problem with the death penalty is that it's not applied quickly enough. This guy will probably die in prison before seeing the needle.

wahoo95
12-14-10, 13:29
The problem with the death penalty is that it's not applied quickly enough. This guy will probably die in prison before seeing the needle.

Actually the problem with teh death penalty is that there have been too many wrongful convictions handed out by justify speeding up the process. You'd think differently if you were facing the chair. I can see however in cases like this were it's pretty "cut and dry" things ned tomove MUCH faster.....as in take him out bag and dead him right then! That animal deserves to the same treatment he gave his victim.

GermanSynergy
12-14-10, 13:33
You just proved my point. I never said deny due process to the accused, and like you said, this case pretty much removes all doubt.

Actually the problem with teh death penalty is that there have been too many wrongful convictions handed out by justify speeding up the process. You'd think differently if you were facing the chair. I can see however in cases like this were it's pretty "cut and dry" things ned tomove MUCH faster.....as in take him out bag and dead him right then! That animal deserves to the same treatment he gave his victim.

SeriousStudent
12-14-10, 21:49
When I was a paramedic many moons ago, I was called to a house where an 11-month-old child had been held on an electric hot plate burner.

The child had bruises, where it had been forcefully held down. The little girl had full-thickness burns on her buttocks and legs. She did survive.

The fire department I worked with had rules that called for instant dismissal for carrying a firearm on duty. In retrospect, that was a good thing.

But it was over thirty years ago, I'd probably be out of jail by now.

Irish
12-14-10, 22:51
I can only hope for an eye for an eye.

John_Wayne777
12-15-10, 08:35
I don't think the death penalty is much of a deterrent for people who do these types of things.

It certainly deters that individual from committing a similar act in the future.

The death penalty isn't a deterrent in the sense that someone who is about to drop a toddler into a pot of boiling water might think "Gee, you know the government will kill me if I do this. I shall not do it, then!" It never will be. It does allow us to do is feed the sociopathic bastard who would do that to a child to the worms.

Some people do not need to be walking among us...not even as prisoners. They need to be dead.

parishioner
12-15-10, 10:39
It certainly deters that individual from committing a similar act in the future.

The death penalty isn't a deterrent in the sense that someone who is about to drop a toddler into a pot of boiling water might think "Gee, you know the government will kill me if I do this. I shall not do it, then!" It never will be. It does allow us to do is feed the sociopathic bastard who would do that to a child to the worms.

Some people do not need to be walking among us...not even as prisoners. They need to be dead.

I agree. My comments were directed more towards people who say "well if they would just hang 'em in the streets, there would be less of this crap."

I think of people like this as cockroaches in the house. They serve no purpose. They are pests. How do we deal with pests? Extermination.

Spiffums
12-15-10, 10:50
This is why there are so many criminals and murders walking among us. They wouldn't have lived near as long back in the "old days" when hangings on the court house lawn after 3 days was the norm. Let ya talk to your Momma and try to get GOD to forgive you then swing.

Honu
12-15-10, 11:01
what is wrong with people !!!

when I was in the FD I mostly did medic calls ? and the one thing that haunts me to this day was a toddler that had boiling ramen poured on him by accident cause his sibling about 6 if I remember was trying to feed him after the parents left them alone !
we called the police the parents were tracked down and called back
when the parents arrived they were pissed at us for reporting them and ruining their evening out !!! the police took them away ? not sure what happened cause we rolled off with the kid
needless to say every FD or Police their wanted to destroy the parents

people are sick and should be put down quickly sometimes