PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ASAP Locking Keys Question

kylerayner27
12-14-10, 12:21
I have a Smith and Wesson M & P 15 Tactical. I am trying to install the ASAP to it. I absolutely cannot get either one of the locking keys to fit. I know one key is for mil-spec, and the other for commercial. The M & P has a mil-spec tube. But I cannot visibly tell a difference between the two keys. Should I be able to? Is it possible that my package accidentally got two of the same size keys?

Thanks!

RPD03
12-14-10, 12:31
Although the difference between the two keys is small, you should be albe to tell one form the other by looking at them. It is always possible that you got two of the same key.
Try calling MagPul to see if they can ship you out a mil-spec key. In my experience, they have always been very good to deal with.

TehLlama
12-15-10, 22:09
There is a very slight difference in height (I'll edit this with the actual specs).

I emailed Justin Beard to see if it would be possible to file down the commercial spec one to MilSpec size. He mailed me a new milspec one... silly MagPul! Later that week I was the proud owner of yet another UBR...