PDA

View Full Version : M4/AR-15 "Tire Deflator" Muzzle Attachment

Safetyhit
12-15-10, 12:37
Didn't see anything on this when I searched, has anyone ever used one of these stunning examples of ingenuity before?

http://www.usaammo.com/M16M4AR-15-Tire-Deflator-Attachment-P128.aspx

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-15-10, 13:32
Oh ya, I put that on my ar with 37mm flare launcher, beta c mag, bipod, and bsa red dot. It's my go to shtf teotwawki zombie hd setup. Not.

citizensoldier16
12-15-10, 13:41
Honestly, when deflating tires with my AR15...I prefer to just shoot them. :rolleyes:

ra2bach
12-15-10, 13:43
I LOVE that. it will look so cool along with my pistol bayonet!

http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/kbar/images/9900.jpg

Buckaroo
12-15-10, 13:46
From the site
Installs quickly on the flash hider. Made from special hardened steel. No gunsmithing required. Deflates tires in seconds. Does not disturb shooting. Manufactured by FAB Defense in Israel.

Sure, would hate to need my weapon while it was wearing that!

Buckaroo

cbyrd556
12-15-10, 13:53
Oh ya, I put that on my ar with 37mm flare launcher, beta c mag, bipod, and bsa red dot. It's my go to shtf teotwawki zombie hd setup. Not.

FTW. My thoughts exactly. I just don't see the merits of designing something like that and wanting almost $200 for it.

Shane1
12-15-10, 13:59
If it only came in a dual mount version. :laugh:

Whootsinator
12-15-10, 14:39
Knives don't work anymore, eh?

capt planit
12-15-10, 14:43
that is absolutely ridiculous :suicide:

Safetyhit
12-15-10, 14:51
Honestly, when deflating tires with my AR15...I prefer to just shoot them. :rolleyes:

In all fairness to the noble developers, it was likely intended to silently disable vehicles.

Whootsinator
12-15-10, 14:53
In all fairness to the noble developers, it was likely intended to silently disable vehicles.

Like I said, knives don't work any more?

Karcas
12-15-10, 14:56

I guess if I needed to do that I'd just toss one of these in my pocket and save the other $190.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/mils-445.html

5pins
12-15-10, 15:00
I would get one but I don’t think it will fit over my rebar cutter. :sarcastic:

Safetyhit
12-15-10, 15:01
Like I said, knives don't work any more?

I don't believe I was addressing your comment, but thanks for clarifying.

Regardless, I hope nobody sees me as defending the thing for Pete's sake. Wasn't quite the intent of the thread.

Kentucky Cop
12-15-10, 15:03
..............and there you have it.

KC

Whootsinator
12-15-10, 15:03
I don't believe I was addressing your comment, but thanks for clarifying.

Regardless, I hope nobody sees me as defending the thing for Pete's sake. Wasn't quite the intent of the thread.

No, no. I wasn't thinking you were defending it or anything, I was only pointing out that the tools to silently deflate a tire have been around a hell of a lot longer than tires have. It's a pretty ridiculous product.

muzlblast
12-15-10, 15:04
I can certainly see the "point" of this item...;)

Ilove2shoot
12-15-10, 15:19
you know....it is kinda need........but how much more useful would a bayo be? and on the slim chance rubber did go in a plug that thing....would you then want to shoot it.......Yeah, there is a fair amount of machining done....but the priced it our of possible sales range........

rat31465
12-15-10, 15:27
I LOVE that. it will look so cool along with my pistol bayonet!

http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/kbar/images/9900.jpg

I recently saw one of these so called Pistol Bayonets in a local Law Enforcement supply store here in Springfield Mo.

Jokingly I asked the clerk ...Just how are the sales on this item?
He said with all seriousness that he had been selling three to four them per month since he started carrying them.

My only response was why?

As for the Tire Deflator...I would like to see video of it in action just for Shits and Grins.

5pins
12-15-10, 15:57
Have you ever heard a tire rapidly deflate? There is nothing silent about it.

Safetyhit
12-15-10, 16:04
Have you ever heard a tire rapidly deflate? There is nothing silent about it.

No there isn't, but it's a hell of a lot quieter than a 5.56. ;)

BSmith
12-15-10, 16:42
That Mako company makes a few interesting things. Glock charging handle?

PdxMotoxer
12-15-10, 16:58
I seen something on "future weapons" on products like these.

The idea is to place over the muzzle and shoot it at the tire and they also made a stick looking ram that slides down the barrel that you shoot to break down doors.

i would guess the purpose would be is to be a hollow spike that would go into the tire letting the air out rather than causing a blow out at speed. (no clue if that would even be feasible, seems soon as anything ruptures something under stress and pressure it's going to explode)

Suwannee Tim
12-15-10, 17:05
Nobody has reviewed it. Let's all get together and write a review!:D

sgtbutt
12-15-10, 20:10
Anyone thought about using a section of GI cleaing rod and a blank? My ex's father turned me onto this when he was telling me about PLDC. Not sure how good it would work on tires but alot cheaper if you absolutely "had" to deflate a tire in some unorthodox manner.
Mall ninjas unite!

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-15-10, 20:48
Anyone thought about using a section of GI cleaing rod and a blank? My ex's father turned me onto this when he was telling me about PLDC. Not sure how good it would work on tires but alot cheaper if you absolutely "had" to deflate a tire in some unorthodox manner.
Mall ninjas unite!

Many MRE's have been murdered in the field due to the blank/cleaning rod method. Many counselings and ass chewings have also been handed out as well haha.