PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto State Armory Lowers?

rjacobs
12-15-10, 16:40
I hate to start threads like this, but did some searching and couldnt find any info on them.

Palmetto State Armory has lowers for 70 bucks basically plus shipping(and of course FFL fees).
http://palmettostatearmory.com/1560.php

Anybody know if these are decent lowers? I have heard they are made by Aero Precision, which, IIRC are pretty good lowers from what I have read around here.

RD62
12-15-10, 19:55
They are local to me and I had heard they were gonna do their own lowers. I too think I heard it was Aero making them.

I'll try and stop by and check on out later this week if I can get by there.

They are a good group of guys, and are a fairly recent start up (within the last couple years). They don't have a real big selection, having started with mainly ammo and mags, but have been trying to grow and have a good rep. Knowing how a bad rep can quickly kill you in this industry I don't think they'd knowingly put out a bad product.

I'm sure it's mil-spec and therefore should be gtg, as most mil-spec lowers will be. $70 is a great price, I may have to pick one up.

I think they have a dealer forum here so you could always try asking them any questions you might have there so we could all see their answers.

benw315
12-15-10, 20:11
They have a great deal on a MOE kit that includes everything you need to finish the stripped lower you can buy from there... It's 130 bucks to go with your 70 dollar lower. A complete lower for 200 dollars (plus shipping and fees) is a good deal. I would assume their lower is g2g as long as it's mil spec.

dcgallim
12-15-10, 20:24
I've built off of two aero lowers. They where both very good and had no problems. I've also heard that they make the lower for a few of the "higher end" companies, wether or not that was true I don't know.

Deaj
12-15-10, 20:31
Edit: I may well order one at that price. I have all of the necessary parts to assemble a complete lower except the receiver itself. A complete spare lower is more useful than a pile of spare parts methinks.

rjacobs
12-15-10, 22:20
Guess I will pick a few of these up if they are GTG. Just gotta ask my FFL how many he will do for one fee.

Facejackets
12-16-10, 12:24
So I'm guessing there Aero lowers aren't bad?

There's a few stores that sell them for $75 each of 65 if you buy three

jonathanvictory
12-16-10, 12:34
If it's Aero...they make really nice lowers. I just finished a build with one for my JD upper. Works and operates fine.

You'll most likely know if it's an Aero if the rear detent spring hole is tapped for a set-screw. Aero is the only manufacturer that I've seen this nice feature on for that price.

R.P.
12-16-10, 14:24
I was on their website last night and it said these lowers were out of stock. I hope to pick one up someday soon.

Alex V
12-16-10, 15:27
Whats the word on their MOE Lower Build kit?

For $130 a LPK, RE, spring and buffer, plus MOE Stock and grip... How can you say no?

Just wondering how the LPK compares in quality?

chevellemrwl
12-16-10, 17:10
I just bought one of their LPK's last week. Waiting on UPS again to arrive. Once its here, ill see how well it works with my SunDevil Lower and report on their kits.

sacmaster
12-16-10, 21:18
I've got two of their lowers. Havent built them up yet, but the finish is top notch. They look good. The guys that work there are real friendly, and they have the best ammo prices and selection probably in the whole state.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-16-10, 23:48
Ive ordered many, many things from Palmetto and have always been treated right. Their lowers seem to have a good reputation, Id say order without fear.

chevellemrwl
12-19-10, 14:32
Hey guys...

Kit came in on Friday. The FCG came in its own little baggy. The grip/screw/trigger guard was in its own as well.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/chevellemrwl/Palmetto%20State%20Armory%20Classic%20LPK/100_0505.jpg

The trigger parts and springs were very clean, lubed up with oil. There were no finishing slag or scrap stuck to the parts. Everything was very clean and smooth

Used several build threads to assemble my lower. Everything went together very nice. The trigger is a very clean crisp break. Feels better than my friends Bushy and DPSM rifle's.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/chevellemrwl/Palmetto%20State%20Armory%20Classic%20LPK/100_0510.jpg

I'm very happy with this LPK and will continue to use Palmetto State Armory for parts/mags/ammo.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/chevellemrwl/Palmetto%20State%20Armory%20Classic%20LPK/100_0511.jpg

DragonDoc
12-19-10, 15:38
Thanks for the write up. I ordered there classic kit yesterday.

Hey guys...

Kit came in on Friday. The FCG came in its own little baggy. The grip/screw/trigger guard was in its own as well.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/chevellemrwl/Palmetto%20State%20Armory%20Classic%20LPK/100_0505.jpg

The trigger parts and springs were very clean, lubed up with oil. There were no finishing slag or scrap stuck to the parts. Everything was very clean and smooth

Used several build threads to assemble my lower. Everything went together very nice. The trigger is a very clean crisp break. Feels better than my friends Bushy and DPSM rifle's.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/chevellemrwl/Palmetto%20State%20Armory%20Classic%20LPK/100_0510.jpg

I'm very happy with this LPK and will continue to use Palmetto State Armory for parts/mags/ammo.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/chevellemrwl/Palmetto%20State%20Armory%20Classic%20LPK/100_0511.jpg

hunter123
12-19-10, 17:02
AIM has the stripped surplus ammo and arms lowers for $60.I believe they are also made by Aero.

DragonDoc
12-19-10, 20:46
AIM has the stripped surplus ammo and arms lowers for $60.I believe they are also made by Aero.

Bought a Spike's lower (don't wanna hear no lip from folks) from AIM last week. Spike's is in FL so this Floridian is supporting the home team. I will probably get an AIM lower for a M16A4(/5) build. Just waiting on the consensus on whether they are quality or not. My ass is still stinging from the whooping I got from Roggio's Arsenal. I bought an out of spec and when I sent it back (per their instructions) they went out of business. I ended up with no money, no LPK and no lower. Can't blame me for being cautious.

hunter123
12-19-10, 21:56
Bought a Spike's lower (don't wanna hear no lip from folks) from AIM last week. Spike's is in FL so this Floridian is supporting the home team. I will probably get an AIM lower for a M16A4(/5) build. Just waiting on the consensus on whether they are quality or not. My ass is still stinging from the whooping I got from Roggio's Arsenal. I bought an out of spec and when I sent it back (per their instructions) they went out of business. I ended up with no money, no LPK and no lower. Can't blame me for being cautious.

I've had 5 of them and they have all been great lowers.

RD62
12-26-10, 15:21
I dropped by Palmetto State Armory last week and checked out one of their lowers.

It looked very nice. All marks were crisp and sharp, no visible machining marks inside or outside, no visible flash. I haven't built one so I can't comment on whether the pin holes and such are in spec, but I haven't heard anything to the contrary, and this doesn't seem to be an overly common issue anyway.

I asked if this was an introductory price and if so what the regular sell price would be. I was told it IS and introductory price and that it would go up, probably after the first of the year. The girl I spoke with behind the counter (sorry I don't remember her name) was very helpful and knowledgeable but didn't know what the normal price would be but speculated around $80 and definitely less than $100.

Since they are so local to me, I'll probably use one on my next build when I get around to it. I'll post more info then, but have no idea when that will be.

Just wanted to let yall know I out hands on it, and would be willing to drop some $$$ on one based on what I saw.