PDA

View Full Version : Asked to remove Patagonia ads from "shooting related" website

Fideo
12-16-10, 10:05
I wanted to make you all aware of their policy. I was was instructed by Patagonia that they will not allow advertising on "shooting related" websites.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-16-10, 10:09
Proof? Link?

Fideo
12-16-10, 10:17
I posted one of the emails online. I have the full thread saved in my inbox.
Dangerous-things.net/Patagonia

mkmckinley
12-16-10, 10:30
That's odd. Some of my Army issued cold weather gear has Patagonia tags in it. I guess thier retail sales focus on the granola crowd because Ive never seen them advertise the fact. You'd rhink they would play it up a little more. Good kit nevertheless.

mattjmcd
12-16-10, 10:47
Sad but to be expected from some of these companies, I guess. Even the ones who are doing .gov/.mil business.

I really like Osprey gear. The light packs are awesome. After doing some stuff that was rather abusive to the gear, and seeing that it held up well, I called their HQ. I suggested that they might have an untapped market in the hunting/shooting sports/.mil sector. Maybe make the same designs with slightly heavier materials, and in patterns attractive to military use..?

The idea that their gear might be used by service members seemed anathema to the man I spoke to. I can only assume that there are a lot of granola-and-birkenstock types in that industry. Oh well.

Whootsinator
12-16-10, 12:07
granola-and-birkenstock

Careful now, granola is delicious and Birkenstocks are the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my feet. ;)

bulbvivid
12-16-10, 13:32
Careful now, granola is delicious and Birkenstocks are the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my feet. ;)

Alert, we have a stealth hippie inside the wire. :D

500grains
12-16-10, 13:54
Patagonia does not want the liberal yuppies to know that they make gear for .mil.

Stickman
12-16-10, 17:44
It states it was an oversight, and then they asked if it was possible to be listed on one sight, and not the other. While I have no doubt that they wish to sculpt their image, is there more to the story than just the email that was posted?

Heavy Metal
12-16-10, 18:25
Sounds like more of an issue with Google to me.

Patagonia just uses Google, Google is setting the ToS.