PDA

View Full Version : M12 holster

Slater
08-14-07, 14:38
I've heard way more negative comments about this holster than positive. The general consensus seems to be that it does an OK job of protecting the pistol but is totally inadequate when a rapid draw is necessary.

Any other positive/negative viewpoints on this particular holster?

Lumpy196
08-14-07, 14:54
The general consensus seems to be that it does an OK job of protecting the pistol but is totally inadequate when a rapid draw is necessary.

Thats all the negative one would need, isnt it?

Harv
08-14-07, 18:44
Exactly.. I used one for years.. and it was great at keeping the pistol in the holter.. which for most military applications is the desired end result.. to keep from loosing it....;) (Think I'm kidding)

Now getting it out in a hurry..... forget it... you could add the Thumb break release that comes as an option and remove the top flap.. but then you would have a open top with a thumb break.. and there are wayyyy better options...

I eventually modded mine with a Shoulder holster kit and used it in that application for many years and it worked well.. but it has limited use application's...

Now if you spend your day in the Turret of an M1 Abrams and need to have a M-9 pistol close by.... I highly recommend them....;)

It's a Mil design with a primary purpose of retention.... much better options... hell, I don't think I've even seen one used in it's standard configuration since before the war.....It's a historical throwback to the old leather flap holster for the 1911.