PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater IDPA Shootout Oct 27th & 28th 2007

Robb Jensen
08-14-07, 18:44
You can print off the application and print it off. Maybe we won't get soaked this time!

http://www.defensiveshootersconfederation.com/

Looey
08-14-07, 21:21
yo no sabia que tenian las aplicaciones en espanol?
sorry i was talking in spanish, i didnt know that they had the match aplications in spanish?
:D
see you there bro!!

Joe Mamma
08-28-07, 00:09
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to try to make it down there.

I wonder how closely they will stick to the IDPA rules. I've never shot an IDPA match and don't know the rules.

Joe Mamma

Robb Jensen
08-28-07, 04:13
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to try to make it down there.

I wonder how closely they will stick to the IDPA rules. I've never shot an IDPA match and don't know the rules.

Joe Mamma

It's a sanctioned IDPA State level match. It's only IDPA rules.

I shot the one in the spring, placed 3rd SSP-EX. I had the fastest run on the 24 plates and w/no misses 25.76sec w/3 mandatory reloads (in the cold rain and wind). It was four arrays of 6 plates and you could only have 6 rounds in the gun, all mags were on barrels preset with 6 rounds in each.

I'll be shooting SSP-EX (w/S&W M&P9) again this time. Most of the stages will be in the shoot houses, with 1 'suprise' stage outside. I think Ron Reiner said it would likely be in the covered outdoor range which I think is R-3. To participate you will have to have an IDPA number (membership). He expects it to fill up quickly so sign up soon! I'll be on a Sunday squad. Let me know if you want to carpool down, maybe we can drag Doug along too. ;)

Robb Jensen
10-22-07, 15:22
Ron Reiner said there's still 20-30 Sunday slots open if anyone wants to shoot this match. It'll be 10 stages all in the shoothouses, I think he said about 170 rounds total for the match. Give Ron a call if you're interested.

http://www.defensiveshootersconfederation.com/

NightFighter
10-22-07, 16:47
Does anyone know if a person can watch the matches? I am new to IDPA and want to see what this type of match will be like.

Robb Jensen
10-22-07, 17:52
Does anyone know if a person can watch the matches? I am new to IDPA and want to see what this type of match will be like.

You can, you have to sign up just like any of their matches. Blackwater security actually now runs a NCIC check on everyone coming onto their property. You won't be able to see much at their IDPA matches because their in the shoothouses. You might ask Ron if you can volunteer to help out with working the match (keeping score, replacing targets when necessary etc).

Short Bus
10-22-07, 20:41
Blackwater security actually now runs a NCIC check on everyone coming onto their property.

This just begs the question -- why...?

Robb Jensen
10-22-07, 20:42
This just begs the question -- why...?

With all their bad publicity it probably wouldn't be wise to have wanted people or convicted felons etc on their property............but I'm just guessing. ;)

ygbsm
10-23-07, 11:18
I should be there on Saturday, shooting SSP-SS.

koolaid
10-23-07, 12:00
I will be there on Sunday shooting SSP:D

Sidewinder6
10-25-10, 14:19
With all their bad publicity it probably wouldn't be wise to have wanted people or convicted felons etc on their property............but I'm just guessing. ;)

Interesting to learn that Blackwater security has access into NCIC and runs their visitors. I am aware of cases in the past where police officers were charged with federal felonies when discovered running NCIC checks for private purposes. One in the great state of Virgina as a matter of fact. State police investigator. Took him quite a while to get out from that. The Bureau investigates.