PDA

View Full Version : Tasco 3x9 scope

Jimston
12-17-10, 19:43
Are these scopes unheard of in the AR world? I recently picked up a used Colt 6601c that came with a 3x 9 Tasco scope mounted to it through means of a short add on rail that is mounted to the A2 carry handle.

After doing some research, it appears that Colt actually manufactured and sold rifles that came with the scope directly from the factory or retailer.

I pick up the rifle tomorrow and will probably take it off right away. Although i have had a chance to check it out and get a feel for it, and i do like the sight picture when looking through the scope. It seems like a sturdy scope, and i was told that it's very durable and is able to hold it's zero without any issues, even after very rough usage.

If anyone has any experience or information in regards to Colt MT6601's that came with a 3x 9 Tasco Scope, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Preferred User
12-17-10, 20:31
Colt apparently sold a rubber armored Tasco 3x9. A quick Google turned up the following (I cut and pasted to sort out the drivel:

They were sold by tasco but made in China. I think they have the aspherical lenses like the Simmons Aetec but not sure. Bushnell was going to cover tasco warranties but I'd bet my money on a big hassle if you tried to make them honor it. The EXP was the top of the line Tasco above the World Class models at the time before tasco went belly up. In short, a Chinese scope that looks cool but didn't sell long enough to catch on.

Jimston
12-17-10, 21:30
So i basically have a chinese made scope on an American weapon? How could Colt ever sell their rifles with a chinese made scope mated to the carry handle? I hope it isn't true.

ucrt
12-17-10, 21:54

Don't be surprised...Colt has done some pretty shiftless dealings in the gun business the past decade, such as their last bolt action rifle. :no:

Sub MOA
12-25-10, 19:16
Well since this thread has been changed, i assume i can ask like what. Not looking for trouble, just like to know info about weapons so i dont end up buying one with (insert info) ;)

Sub MOA
12-25-10, 19:17
I meant transfered. Since the thread has been transfered