PDA

View Full Version : I would like to see a non SBR 14.5" barrel pic thread.

ghostman1960
12-18-10, 12:23
I tried to start one today but it was locked by a mod. His reason was that there was already a SBR pic thread. When I pointed out it was for 14.5" barrels with permed muzzle devices he replied there was already a AR pic thread. The problem is that if your looking for a pic of a non SBR 14.5 your going to have to wade through hundreds of pages to find them. I think this kind of thread would be tremendously popular and would result in more business for site vendors selling 14.5" uppers.

TOrrock
12-18-10, 12:26
Deleted

ghostman1960
12-18-10, 12:32
Deleted

What's deleted? The locked thread? Elaborate please?

bkb0000
12-18-10, 12:36
What's deleted? The locked thread? Elaborate please?

he deleted his own post. probably because he wanted to say something like "there's enough ****in picture threads, and pinned 14.5s are definitely not special enough to have their own thread," but is in an odd state of attitude suspension and hasn't gotten his land-legs quite yet after being a moderator for years.. so opted to delete his comment instead.

or maybe he tried to post a pic of his pinned 14.5, and accidentally linked a nakey pic of his wife or something..

either way...... another picture thread? let's not.

ghostman1960
12-18-10, 15:06
There are what? Three picture threads? The one I started took off pretty fast before it was locked. I can't believe that there was actual hostility because I suggested one. But that's the way a lot of people are on this forum.

bkb0000
12-18-10, 15:11
There are what? Three picture threads? The one I started took off pretty fast before it was locked. I can't believe that there was actual hostility because I suggested one. But that's the way a lot of people are on this forum.

because we have plenty of picture threads, and we like the board to be as un-cluttered with redundant threads as possible. recurring threads bump to the top all day every day, pushing down other threads. i often see a good, valid question/comment/etc pushed all the way back to page 3 or 4, with no replies, with all the picture threads and other boring/useless/off-topic crap piled up at the top.

just use the picture threads we have- we've got too many to begin with.

Whootsinator
12-18-10, 15:22
If you need a photo of something specific and you can't find it in any of the other established photo threads, you can make a photo request thread and they are usually flooded with the exact photos you wanted pretty quickly. Again though, that is if you ask for something specific and provide a specific reason for your request.

If not, I don't think there is really enough reason to have a '14.5in barrel with pinned muzzle device' thread. There are already TOOONS of those in the 'AR Picture Thread'.

GLOCKMASTER
12-18-10, 20:38
If not, I don't think there is really enough reason to have a '14.5in barrel with pinned muzzle device' thread. There are already TOOONS of those in the 'AR Picture Thread'.

That is why I locked it and denied his request. Evidently my reasoning was not good enough so he brings it in here.