PDA

View Full Version : Request for Jax area info

wvincent
12-18-10, 19:53
I am going to be in the Jacksonville area the first week of Jan for class. Just looking for a cheap, reasonably clean motel for the week. Doesnt have to be anything great, only going to be there at night to sleep. Any suggestions? Any places to avoid?

Thank you in advance.

redfernsoljah
12-18-10, 21:02
Pm me for some info. Where in town will you be etc. Are you flying driving have a rental etc. Where is your class. I will point you in the right direction.

glockeyed
12-18-10, 21:32
Pm me for some info. Where in town will you be etc. Are you flying driving have a rental etc. Where is your class. I will point you in the right direction.

yeah it really depends on this stuff. every side of town has a shitty part. with all the major highway and interstate Arteries driving through town is no big deal. but staying in some would suck.

wvincent
12-18-10, 23:30
Kind of a toss up on the fly vs drive. Due to the fact that I have to bring a couple of my guns and a bunch of ammo, I think avoiding the airport might be the plan. Plus, saves me from from having to grab a rental once I get there. Looks like 24 hrs of driving door to door, so I figure 2 days would be an easy trip.

I am really looking forward to the weather part though, I've already had enough of the damn cold and snow here in the upper plains.

redfernsoljah
12-19-10, 00:14
Response sent.

Suwannee Tim
12-19-10, 07:20
Who is doing a class in Jacksonville?

wvincent
12-19-10, 10:58
Um, I don't think it's the kind of class your thinking about. Purely proffessional development, job related stuff. Not the type of training that would end up with an AAR here on the forum.

glockeyed
12-19-10, 14:59
this will help :big_boss:
http://spotcrime.com/fl/jacksonville

wvincent
12-19-10, 19:23
this will help :big_boss:
http://spotcrime.com/fl/jacksonville

Thanks, that's an eye opener.:sad: Gonna be low profile, mouth shut, eyes open all week. Glad I will be CC the whole time.

BVickery
01-10-11, 09:57
Got to remember that Jax is one of the biggest, if not biggest, square mile wise in the United States. So to help you a bit would be best to know which part your class was in.

wvincent
01-10-11, 12:19
Thank you to all the folks who helped me out here. I ended up flying for the trip due to time constraints. TSA and the airlines were great to deal with, and I had a great time in the JAX area. In fact, I had such an enjoyable visit that I will probably be making JAX my new home in the next couple of months!:D