PDA

View Full Version : Peerless Handcuffs

R1pper
08-15-07, 15:14
About a week ago I broke a pair of perrless model 500 cuffs. Well I really didnt want to throw them away cause I made my first arrest with them. I called up peerless and they said send them in. Well I live about 10 min from peerless. I brought them in and they fixed them for free and gave me a set of sweet bling bling keys (gold plated I guess). I was expecting for them to tell me I needed to buy a new set of cuffs and they fixed them for free and gave me something a little extra (I know it only cuff keys but still just the gesture alone). I am extremely please with how fast they fixed them and hopw receptive they were to me. So I will give a big kudos to the guys at peerless.

gunny
08-15-07, 15:19
I've had the same 4 pairs of Peerless SS cuffs for almost 10 years & never an issue with any of 'em. Great cuffs & great company that takes care of it's customers.

Wayne Dobbs
08-15-07, 16:53
I carried Peerless cuffs for a long time as my main duty belt cuffs. During my 25 year police career I was also a Defensive Tactics/Arrest and Control instructor and always noted that Peerless cuffs came out of the box with much smoother actions and easier to operate locking mechanisms. I'm not knocking S&W's products, but just think Peerless is the way to go for a good handcuff.

ST911
08-15-07, 18:07
Still using my first set of Peerless, from my first job, engraved with my first call-sign. I really should put them away, but if they could talk...the stories they'd tell.

SGB
08-15-07, 18:59
I always preferred Peerless and Hiatt hinged cuffs.

Mojo58
08-16-07, 00:55
We are issued Peerless, Hiatts and S&W. I started with Peerless and I agree that they are smooth from the beginning but had two instances where they froze up. Fortunately they were during practising/training and not on a subject. They were two separate sets of cuffs and I lost my confidence in them. I switched to S&W and haven't bothered going back to the Peerless. I had to spend some time working the action "in" on the S&W's but once I got there they're 100%.

docsprague
08-16-07, 16:23
I had a very old set of Peerless freeze up and I mailed them in. A few weeks later I received a new set. All of my cuffs are Peerless.

Bonk2029
08-16-07, 17:53
All I have used in 10 years in LE are the S&W's. Handcuffs, along with revolvers, S&W knows how to make.

That said, I have never heard anything negative about Peerless.