PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh dirtbag gets one to the head

platoonDaddy
12-19-10, 04:35
Mr. Miller works six days a week as a mechanic. He's also a Vietnam veteran and a licensed NRA firearms instructor who specializes in personal protection. He served with the Army's 1st Air Cavalry Division and holds a permit to carry a concealed weapon -- not the type of man an armed robber would want to come up against.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10352/1111739-55.stm

Caeser25
12-19-10, 05:30
That's right by me. That's actually the third armed robber to be shot this week the by those that are choosing not to be victims.

500grains
12-19-10, 06:30
Where's the Chris Matthews documentary about all the good guy lives that are being saved with legally owned concealed weapons? ;)

ThirdWatcher
12-19-10, 07:17
The world is just a little safer today, thanks to Mr. Miller.

GermanSynergy
12-19-10, 08:28
Chris Matthews? He's dealing with a tingle up his leg.

Good on Mr.Miller for refusing to be a victim.

I was shocked to hear about the dead perp being a good boy, turning his life around:rolleyes:

Classic case of MBDDN (My baby didn't dew nuffin)

Where's the Chris Matthews documentary about all the good guy lives that are being saved with legally owned concealed weapons? ;)

500grains
12-19-10, 09:07
I was shocked to hear about the dead perp being a good boy, turning his life around:rolleyes:

Classic case of MBDDN (My baby didn't dew nuffin)

The article forgot to mention that he was an honor student too. :sarcastic:

DacoRoman
12-19-10, 11:18
The district attorney's office has yet to determine whether Mr. Miller was justified in killing Mr. Westbrook, spokesman Mike Manko said on Friday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10352/1111739-55.stm#ixzz18ZxTEmCy

wow, really?! :rolleyes:

chadbag
12-19-10, 11:26
Sad situation all around. I am not saying the guy did not deserve it: do the crime and suffer the consequences. But he perp did not seem to be a career bad guy but someone just screwing up and making some bad decisions. That is why it is sad for everyone involved. Just to be clear: I don't blame the store owner one bit -- perp took the chance and screwed up.

Heavy Metal
12-19-10, 11:58
If he had just taken the money and not gotten cute, he would likely be alive.

skyugo
12-19-10, 12:18
If he had just taken the money and not gotten cute, he would likely be alive.

he had a chance to walk away.
not to mention the fact that he could have chosen not to rob anyone :rolleyes:

being a criminal is a dangerous occupation, as it should be.

Caeser25
12-19-10, 15:00

The da charged a guy a couple days ago that wrestled the robbers gun away and shot the robber with his own gun, illegal carry of handgun or something like that. It doesn't hold much weight but wtf?

CarlosDJackal
12-19-10, 15:17
"It just doesn't sound like him," said Rhonda Cobb, who lives in California and was at an airport awaiting a flight to Pittsburgh Friday evening. "I'm wondering what happened."

- Another graduate of the "University for Family Members of Dead Criminals" - "What to say to the Media 101 Class".

Ms. Cobb, one of Mr. Westbrook's two sisters, said his family was tormented by questions about his death. He lived on the North Side and was married, she said, and had two daughters in elementary school and a third in high school. He grew up in New Jersey and later moved to Pittsburgh. He always told his sister he had a job, but she wasn't sure what it was most recently.

If he had fallen on hard times, he would have likely turned to family, Ms. Cobb said. The two had exchanged e-mails just days before about his upcoming visit with her in California. She said she never known him to take someone's belongings.

- Just because he hasn't been caught in the act until now, it doesn't mean he hasn't done this before.

The district attorney's office has yet to determine whether Mr. Miller was justified in killing Mr. Westbrook, spokesman Mike Manko said on Friday.

- If the incident played out as written in the article, I don't even see how it could be anything but a good shoot. I hope the da catches the Christmas Spirit and does not file charges.

500grains
12-19-10, 15:40
The da charged a guy a couple days ago that wrestled the robbers gun away and shot the robber with his own gun, illegal carry of handgun or something like that. It doesn't hold much weight but wtf?

So is the DA on a mission to protect violent criminals' rights or something?

:mad::mad::mad:

Business_Casual
12-19-10, 19:39
So is the DA on a mission to protect violent criminals' rights or something?

:mad::mad::mad:

Where have you been since 1970?

B_C

DacoRoman
12-19-10, 21:55

un****ingbelievable...the world really is topsy turvy man :mad:

woodandsteel
12-20-10, 00:28
Quote:

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10352...#ixzz18ZxTEmCy

Around here, the DA or Attorney General's office won't offer an opinion until the investigation is complete. That usually takes a few weeks.

With that said, it sounds justified to me. I hope this guy is cleared soon and able to go on with his life.

The_War_Wagon
12-20-10, 08:09
Been a lot of shooting BACK by the good guys lately here in da' 'BURGH - KDKA radio spent the WHOLE day talking about it on Friday.

If this keeps up, we might have a decent little town again soon!