PDA

View Full Version : HBO's 24/7 - Road to the Winter Classic

Gutshot John
12-19-10, 09:08
If you're a hockey fan and didn't catch part 1 of the "Penguins - Capitals - The Road to the Winter Classic" you're missing out.

I was a big fan of the 24/7 franchise, most recently Pacquiao/Margarito but the hockey version is even better.

M4arc
12-20-10, 08:41
I don't have HBO but my assistant coach watch the first episode and told me what we're doing wrong as coaches; clearly he and I don't use the F word enough with our kids. So starting tomorrow night at practice I'm going to use it almost exclusively!

I think Mites are ready to be treated like adults, right? :D

Mo_Zam_Beek
12-20-10, 13:13
If I recall correctly Rex Ryan was lambasted for using the F word too much on the Jets series, something tells me that in the context of Hockey - all sins will be forgiven.

Good luck

Gutshot John
12-20-10, 14:26
Apparently Boudreau's mother was very upset by her son's language on the show and let him know about it.

M4arc
12-20-10, 14:31
I got the call from Aunt today that two tickets are available so my son and I are going to the game on New Years day!

orionz06
12-21-10, 22:21
Good stuff, when I was riding my bicycle to work apparently I was riding right past Talbots joint on the Southside.

Belmont31R
12-21-10, 22:56
I played hockey until I was 12/13 but have recently been getting back into it...

Been to two AHL games in the last 5 days and have on glass tickets in Jan.

Our local team is the Texas Stars which are a farm team of the Dallas Stars. A lot of fun....:D

Gutshot John
01-01-11, 20:24
Good freakin game...now if only the weather holds up.

crossgun
01-02-11, 07:19
To bad it didnt end the way I wanted. DAMN IT

platoonDaddy
01-02-11, 08:02
Apparently Boudreau's mother was very upset by her son's language on the show and let him know about it.

In the DC area the local sports program carried his mothers comments, but it certainly hasn't slowed him down. :big_boss:

Since her comments each new series, we get more F bombs.

Caps won 3-1 last night in the Winter Classic.

M4arc
01-03-11, 10:30
I'm back. My son and I flew home last night after a great weekend! It was an awesome experience and one I hope he remembers it for the rest of his life.

Yes, the Penguins lost but we still had a great time. My son was very excited about flying and checking out the airports. In fact I think he was more excited about that than he was the game.

Then we got to spend New Years Eve with my dad and we had a bonefire and fireworks and since they pushed the start time back to 8PM we got to stay up past midnight and sleep in on Saturday.

We got down to the stadium early Saturday afternoon, found a great parking spot, roamed around the stadium checking things out, got our picture taken, bought a couple Winter Classic jerseys and then started tailgating.

My cousin and some of his friends were set up right on the corner of Gen Robinson and Tony Dorsett so we tailgated there for most of the day until about 7PM when we headed in. I think my son really loved this. The Pittsburgh motorcycle Police would come through, let the kids get into the sidecar and take pictures and it was a great atmosphere.

Our seats were pretty good. They were covered so even when it rained we stayed dry and we really didn't get chilly until about 9:30-10:00. Everyone was super cool and it was like hanging out with 65,000 of your best friends. BTW, Pittsburgh women rock!

As for the Penguins, they should be ashamed of themselves. I hope Coach Bylsma skated them hard on Sunday because they sure didn't skate hard Saturday night. No backchecking, they couldn't complete a pass and Fluery can't (and shouldn't be allowed) to handle the puck. When a guy (Fehr) that normally can't find the net with a GPS and a Bloodhound gets two and you give up an empty net goal in the second period you should be ashamed of your effort (or lack of). I think they owe the Steelers an apology. The Caps didn't play much better but the key to the game was who played worse.

But still, we had an awesome time and it may have been a once in a lifetime opportunity for my son and I and I'm glad we had the opportunity to go and experience it.

I'm already looking forward to the Frozen Four in 2013. I'll take the whole family up for that!!!

SW-Shooter
01-03-11, 13:05
I'm not really into Hockey but the way HBO films presents the 24/7 series it's kind of hard not to enjoy the amazing work done by them. I love the NFL series, and am now hooked on all of their mini series.

ca_fireman19
01-07-11, 01:45
Good freakin game...now if only the weather holds up.

I disagree! I think the Pens were lackluster and Fleury is at the end of his rope. The officiating was atrocious. And Ovechkin is still a dirty f*cker.

GO PENS!!!

orionz06
01-07-11, 06:46
Fleury is at the end of his rope.

How is he at the end of his rope?

Overall, the thing that most impresses me is the amount of non-essential interaction between the players and the refs. As much as I hate the non-calls and what not, I can really see how they try to keep everything in check for the overall season.

M4arc
01-07-11, 06:48
I disagree! I think the Pens were lackluster and Fleury is at the end of his rope. The officiating was atrocious. And Ovechkin is still a dirty f*cker.

GO PENS!!!

For $5 million a year he better be at the beginning of his rope. He just shouldn't be allowed to handle the puck. Everything else I agree with.

Gutshot John
01-07-11, 09:10

GO PENS!!!

If you'll notice the timestamp I wrote during the first half of the game where the Pens were doing quite well.

The second half of the game is when the Pens fell apart.

Penguins got outplayed. Nothing more than that.