PDA

View Full Version : NM - Armed 11 year old girl defends home against 3 intruders.

Irish
12-19-10, 12:19
I don't post these stories too often anymore but I liked this one. Needs a little work on trigger discipline but I thought it was a good story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiiQQP4-Ijw

Whootsinator
12-19-10, 12:31
A Pink Cricket :eek:

Use what you've got!

platoonDaddy
12-19-10, 13:22
dang, great story. Single shot, good for her!

500grains
12-19-10, 13:32
Glad to see this.

bkb0000
12-19-10, 13:34
i dunno.. seems kind of manufactured for airtime.

intruders enter, find her and flee. she dashes for the bedroom, finds her single shot .22 that somehow "had two bullets in it," finds the key to unlock it, unlocks it, and clears her empty house...

good story, and definitely good for her, considering- but how did this end up on the news?

shootist~
12-19-10, 13:57
i dunno.. seems kind of manufactured for airtime.

intruders enter, find her and flee. she dashes for the bedroom, finds her single shot .22 that somehow "had two bullets in it," finds the key to unlock it, unlocks it, and clears her empty house...

good story, and definitely good for her, considering- but how did this end up on the news?

I think she's saying she grabbed the rifle and two bullets "in there" (the bedroom) - not "loaded two".

I remember the story when it aired: Pink gun, home-alone little girl - it made a good local flavor (even pro-gun) story. Who know what would have happened if the BGs had actually gotten inside the house. Thank God the little girl did not have to find out.

CarlosDJackal
12-19-10, 14:50
...but how did this end up on the news?

Do you mean "why did the left-leaning anti-gun media actually air this?" (a) It happened in NM; (b) It was probably only released in NM.

Too bad the rest of the country thinks like you do about thes etypes of stories. I guess the kardashians and the other hollyweird stories are more newsworthy.

bkb0000
12-19-10, 14:59
Do you mean "why did the left-leaning anti-gun media actually air this?" (a) It happened in NM; (b) It was probably only released in NM.

no, that's not at all what i mean.

Too bad the rest of the country thinks like you do about thes etypes of stories. I guess the kardashians and the other hollyweird stories are more newsworthy.

you're gonna have to clarify this statement for me, 'cause i have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

99HMC4
12-19-10, 15:51
ive never seen this and this is a local news station here in town. Good for her....

shootist~
12-19-10, 16:12
August 2010. If you are almost deaf (like me) the written detail is more clear:
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/Girl-loads-rifle-to-spook-burglars

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-19-10, 17:05
Good for her, sounds like she knew mom had a loaded gun out but was responsible enough to know there is a right time and a wrong time to use a gun. With a little more training and education that family should be good to go.

Spiffums
12-19-10, 17:48
The fact that she was home probably ran them off. If they had been intent on harming whoever was home, I doubt an 11 year old girl with a pink rifle would have deterred them long.