PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Illinois shooting forums out there?

DaBears_85
12-19-10, 13:06
Are there any gun/shooting forums out there specific to Illinois shooters, like PAFOA is to Pennsylvania or Calguns to California? They don't necessarily have to be rifle related (AR, AK) but that would be nice. The only thing I've seen is the Illinois State Rifle Association but don't recall wether or not they had any forums. Speaking of the ISRA, is anybody a member of this or any other gun rights/advocacy groups, other than the NRA? I'm interested in finding a state-specific group that's pushing for and has a legitimate chance of getting a CCW law passed in Illinois. Call me crazy, but I'd like to have the right to be able to defend myself, and my family in an environment other than my house.

mpd046
12-19-10, 13:36
I've been a member of the ISRA for a few years now. I like the organization much more than the NRA. They put out frequent email alerts about specific bills and issues in Illinois. All in all it seems like a decent organization.

The only Illinois specific forum I know of is:

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/

But I have no idea what type of membership the forum has. I haven't spent any time on the site, I found it last year while I was searching for something. They could be a group of decent guys, they could be on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have no idea.

Matt

HeavyDuty
12-19-10, 18:52
I've never found much out there beyond the various "hometown" subforums at the main sites.

DaBears_85
12-26-10, 10:05
I've been a member of the ISRA for a few years now. I like the organization much more than the NRA. They put out frequent email alerts about specific bills and issues in Illinois. All in all it seems like a decent organization.

The only Illinois specific forum I know of is:

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/

But I have no idea what type of membership the forum has. I haven't spent any time on the site, I found it last year while I was searching for something. They could be a group of decent guys, they could be on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have no idea.

Matt

Thanks for the link. So you'd recommend the ISRA?

I've never found much out there beyond the various "hometown" subforums at the main sites.

That's what I'm finding as well.

mpd046
12-26-10, 11:55
Yeah, I guess I would recommend it. For $25 a year they really keep tabs on the anti gun legislation coming from Springfield and Chicago.

Thanks for the link. So you'd recommend the ISRA?

Czecher
03-06-11, 08:18
Yeah, I guess I would recommend it. For $25 a year they really keep tabs on the anti gun legislation coming from Springfield and Chicago.

I just joined this group moments ago. I was on their site looking for ranges and decided it would make sense to be part of this organization.

I've been a silent voice for far too long and it's time to be counted. The latest issue involving Attorney General Lisa Madigan demanding the release of FOID holders put me over the edge. I joined the NRA on that day for the first time in my life. (I think I get one of them nifty hats and a window sticker for the car!!)

Seems clear to me the best way to start catching gun criminals would be to publish the "other" list of people that DON'T have the FOID card. That's were the trouble-makers are.

I hear a lot of grumblings by law-abiding citizens on numerous news sites and forums like these. While I despise being put at risk as much as anyone else I've decided the only people worth grumbling to are people that can do something about it.

THE ISRA site has some good links that quickly (http://www.isra.org/legislation/) show the legislation being discussed and they are easily color coded to show which bills are worrisome. They provide a quick way to talk to your elected officials (even if I didn't elect them) to let them know we exist.