PDA

View Full Version : Need some help ASAP!

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-19-10, 21:38
***Problem Solved***

Ok, Ive flown with guns before and never had a problem, but that was always with my Pelican or Storm cases. Unfortunately, this time Im having to fly with a wal mart hard gun case. I will be locking it with 4 padlocks, but if you unlatch all of the latches, you can pry one side of it open about an inch to 2 inches even with the locks on it. The side that opens wont have any firearms near it, basically a lower and a G19 down near the bottom of the rifle case. I leave in the morning at 6AM and need to know if they are going to hassle me at all over this. Please help!

Don Robison
12-19-10, 21:55
Ok, Ive flown with guns before and never had a problem, but that was always with my Pelican or Storm cases. Unfortunately, this time Im having to fly with a wal mart hard gun case. I will be locking it with 4 padlocks, but if you unlatch all of the latches, you can pry one side of it open about an inch to 2 inches even with the locks on it. The side that opens wont have any firearms near it, basically a lower and a G19 down near the bottom of the rifle case. I leave in the morning at 6AM and need to know if they are going to hassle me at all over this. Please help!

I hate to say it, but it depends on who checks you. I just came back from Prescott and they didn't check a thing. We had some other guys recently that had issues because the corners would come open more than 1/4".

Whootsinator
12-19-10, 22:03
1: Go out in your garage and grab a drill.
2: Make a few more locking points.
3: Attach more locks.
4: Fly.

I've never flown with firearms, but that's what I'd be doing. Walmart cases are relatively disposable when you're talking about Storms/Pelicans.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-19-10, 22:21
Thanks for the advice. Drilled a couple more holes in the rim, then cleaned em up with a wood burner and file. Looks like I should be solid. Thanks for the advice, and the thread may now dissapear.

Whootsinator
12-26-10, 13:21
LS_HD, how did this work out for you? Any troubles?

Don Robison
12-26-10, 13:26
LS_HD, how did this work out for you? Any troubles?

Since we haven't heard from him; maybe he's in the hoosegow.:lol: