PDA

View Full Version : Deltapoint Reticle Question

Trvlngnrs
12-19-10, 23:07
Can some of you guys with Deltapoints help me out by looking thru your sight and describing how large the triangle is?

I have a M&P 9c with a Deltapoint milled in and suppressor sights added.

The base of the triangle is larger than my front sight. It is MUCH larger than my Brother's 7 MOA Trijicon RMR mounted on his Glock. Today I took a sheet of paper and marked off 1" intervals with a Sharpie. I paced off 10 paces and looked thru the sight. The base of the triangle was slightly larger than 3".

Help me with my math...3" @ 10 yards = 30" @ 100 yards = 30 MOA??

Needless to say, I emailed Leupold today.

How big is your triangle? Is it larger than the front sight. A credit card is 4". How much of a credit card does it cover at 10 paces?

Thanks
Trvlngnrs (picture attached)

Bowie Tactical
12-20-10, 10:49
They call it 7.5 but it is closer to 12 to 14 min. Which is perfect for handgun work. I sight mine where the bullet strikes in the body of the triangle at that normal use of 7 to 10 yards. The neat thing is when you step back to 20 plus yards the tip of the triangle comes into play for a precise shot. It is the reticle and sight i use for all of my working guns and it has proven very fast and accurate.

David Bowie

Trvlngnrs
12-20-10, 18:58
They call it 7.5 but it is closer to 12 to 14 min. Which is perfect for handgun work. I sight mine where the bullet strikes in the body of the triangle at that normal use of 7 to 10 yards. The neat thing is when you step back to 20 plus yards the tip of the triangle comes into play for a precise shot. It is the reticle and sight i use for all of my working guns and it has proven very fast and accurate.

David Bowie

David, why do you think they market it as 7.5 MOA if it is really that much larger? If I had know beforehand, I probably wouldn't have purchased it.

I understand the benefit of a large dot/triangle for a combat handgun, but for more precise work/trying to get small groups, it seems to be less desirable than the 7 MOA Trijicon.

Trvlngnrs

DocGKR
12-20-10, 20:46
7.5 is probably the ave value at the middle of the triangle...

Bowie Tactical
12-21-10, 17:17
David, why do you think they market it as 7.5 MOA if it is really that much larger? If I had know beforehand, I probably wouldn't have purchased it.

I understand the benefit of a large dot/triangle for a combat handgun, but for more precise work/trying to get small groups, it seems to be less desirable than the 7 MOA Trijicon.

Trvlngnrs
Actually that is not right, the triangle is perfect for precise tight groups the tip of the triangle works awsome for that. I have shot 2 inch groups at 50 yards with it.

David Bowie