PDA

View Full Version : Very satisfied with Colt 6601C, and Thanks to All who helped me + the M4 chart.

Jimston
12-20-10, 12:37
I just want to say thanks to all who have helped me during the past month or so.

If it wasn't for the helpful people of M4carbine.net, i may not have made the right choice when purchasing an AR15. I'd also like to thank the member who took the time to research and develop the very useful M4 Chart.

The most important thing to me in terms of what i want in an Ar15, is to make sure i find and buy a weopon that qualifies as a fighting rifle. I chose a colt for this very reason and could not be happier.

My new Colt 6601C feels like a very sturdy, rugged, and reliable weopon. The materials and construction are top notch, and it just feels so right in my hands or braced against my shoulder.

I went to the range on sunday and fired x200 rounds of mixed ammo, having used remington 55g, winchester 55g, pmc 55g, american eagle, tula 55g, and silver bear 55g, without any issues.

But i tried to use a plastic 30 round magazine that i had bought the following day which failed tro feed rounds properly. It was a clear plastic magazine from a company called "C-mag", and i would stay away from them if i were you.

I ended up using a mixed batch of x5 different 20 round magazines that were all used and hadn't been cleaned in a while. I had standard issues GI mags, some colt mags, bushmaster, etc etc. They all ran great and had not a single jam.

Finally, i set my target up at a distance of 125 meters, which was the max range where we were shooting. I managed to hit the target with every single round fired, even though i wasn't trying very hard. Most of the firing was very rapid, although i did do my best to aim in the standing position.

I'm very pleased with the accuracy of a 20 inch Hbar Colt AR15. It is a bit on the heavy side, but i'm ok with that. I love the iron sights and do not plan on using anything else. Other than that, i do kind of wish i also had a smaller 16 inch barrel w/ a lighter wieght m4 profile. That will be my next Ar :)

In the end, i'm very happy with the weopons performance, and very pleased with the tight grouping/accuracy of the rifle. I can't imagine how well it will shoot if i decide to use sandbags and a properly zeroed scope.

I apologize for the rant, but i guess i can't help it. I'm glad to join the AR crowd, and will uphold the law and standards that a law abiding citizen should, and will never tarnish the names of firearms owners around the country.

Thank you and have a good day!

RAM Engineer
12-20-10, 13:34
But i tried to use a plastic 30 round magazine that i had bought the following day which failed tro feed rounds properly. It was a clear plastic magazine from a company called "C-mag", and i would stay away from them if i were you.

I'd like to see a picture of that magazine. The only "C-mags" I'm familiar with are the Beta CMag drum magazine. There's also a "C Products" brand of magazines, but they only make metal mags.

Frens
12-20-10, 13:41
Congrats for your rifle! I have a 6601 as well ;)

but...

....pics or didnt happen :big_boss:

KentuckyWindage
12-20-10, 13:54

THIS :no:

Aristogeiton
12-20-10, 14:27
I'm glad to join the AR crowd, and will uphold the law and standards that a law abiding citizen should, and will never tarnish the names of firearms owners around the country.

Wow! I could not have said it better! :)

Congrats on your new rifle!

JStor
12-20-10, 18:33
Enjoy your new rifle. You'll have to try some 75 gr. Hornadys in that Colt, and get it zeroed off some sand bags. I like the 1/7 twist of the 6601 rifles, but I ended up with a 1/9 twist MT6700 as my 20 inch rifle. I wanted the flat top, and then I had ADCO thread the barrel for an A2 flash suppressor. Welcome to M4carbine.net.

Jimston
12-20-10, 19:51
Congrats for your rifle! I have a 6601 as well ;)

but...

I'll get something up as soon as i can haha. Nothing you guys haven't seen before though. It's just a black matte Colt 6601c w/ a 20 inch barrel + whatever muzzle brake it comes with.

I need a camera.

Jimston
12-20-10, 19:54
I'd like to see a picture of that magazine. The only "C-mags" I'm familiar with are the Beta CMag drum magazine. There's also a "C Products" brand of magazines, but they only make metal mags.

I wish i still had the bag with me, but i gave it back when i returned the magazine. I'm sure i'm wrong about the magazine. I found a pic of what kind of mag it looked like.

Heres a link http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/65248/name/lancer-30-round-mag-ar-15-smoke

edit - Infact, this is the exact transparent 30 round magazine i had bought. I probably mixed my self up because two of the mags i bought that same day were from a company called C products.

I have x2 20 round colt magazines, which seem to work the best.