PDA

View Full Version : VALDADA 1.5-8x26 MX-6 Tactical Scope

JPB
12-20-10, 13:43
Does anybody here have any experience or insight into this optic? All facts and/or opinions appreciated. Thanks.

just a scout
12-20-10, 18:49
I had a Pitbull 1-4x35. Great field of view, good reticle. Heavy as hell, nearly 2 pounds. Got rid of it when I was trying to zero, couldn't hit the ground with my rounds and figured out most of the screws for the IOR rings had snapped and were free spinning. Only 1 screw held. Pissed me off so bad I sent it right back without ever even establishing a zero.

In retrospect, it was probably just a QC issued with the screws, but that failure combined with the heavy weight and poor resulting balance convinced me that it wasn't something I'd ever trust my or my family's life to.

My replacement was an Eotech XPS22 with G23 FTS. Which just isn't singing to me. I think my next step in the dance will be an ACOG if I can sell this set for a decent price.

Kissel
12-20-10, 19:11
I use the 1.5-8 on an AR-10 carbine and love it--great glass, 35mm tube, nice illumination.

I also have a Pitbull and like it very much. No problems, same great glass & big tube, but it is one hell of a heavy scope.

There are better scopes on the market but IMO, unless you are constantly using your equipment beyond 9/10ths, there is nothing to dislike about IOR. JMHO.

TAZ
12-22-10, 22:38
I have a couple of IOR's but have shied away from the 1.5-8 simply cause of the goofy BDC reticle. All my IOR's (three 2.5-10's on various rigs) have performed flawlessly and have had awesome glass. For the life of me I cant figure out why they went with a BDC reticle for an 8x scope. Combine the MP-8 with a horse shoe so you can range and have effective hold overs and even at 35mm tube that thing would fly off the shelves.

If IOR has any brains they'd take that design, place the mil external knobs from the 2.5-10 or 3-18 scopes on it, and combine the FFP MP-8 with the horse shoe to give a decent CQB and long range ret. Place the price at or preferably below $1600 and youd have a good competitor for the up coming 1-8 lines. At $1k price difference I'd be willing to deal with the 1.5 at the low end...

Kissel
12-23-10, 04:46
TAZ,
Agreed abut the reticle. It is the same one they use in the 1-4 and others. I also have IOR's with their mil reticle and do prefer it. And at my age, I'd rather not have to learn several different ranging methods! For what it is though, it is a pretty effective scope. Your wishlist for that 1.5-8 is right on but I don't see it happening at $1600. Cheers.

TAZ
12-23-10, 12:15
Not so sure that the $1600 price point is impossible. SWFA already shows am external knob unit for sale at $1360 so they have already done that part without any process increase. For an extra $400 I bet they could get the knobs converted to mil and plop a FFP reticle in there. Heck even if they went to $1800 they'd still sell well IMO.