PDA

View Full Version : Beretta trigger work MD/NoVA

$CashMoney$
12-21-10, 22:24
Does anyone know of a smith or armorer that does good Beretta 92 trigger work in the MD/NoVA area?

sinister
12-21-10, 22:30
Dave Sams, Sams Custom, west of Richmond

Robb Jensen
12-21-10, 22:47
Sam Hatfield of Hatfields Gunsmithing. 703-369-GUNS

$CashMoney$
12-22-10, 11:28
Richmond may be a bit too far, has anyone used Hatfield's for Beretta stuff? They have 1911, Glock, and revolvers listed on their web site. Maybe I should call them directly.

BBossman
12-22-10, 11:38
What are you looking to achieve with trigger work on your Beretta? Reason I ask, unless you're going to Camp Perry, judicious polishing of pivot pins and a "D" spring works miracles on a Beretta.

If you're going to Camp Perry, then you NEED to talk to Dave Sams.

ETA: C&S has drop in trigger parts for a Beretta, never used them myself, but their other drop in parts for 1911's have received favorable reviews.

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=Berettasets

300WM
12-22-10, 11:39
Richmond may be a bit too far, has anyone used Hatfield's for Beretta stuff? They have 1911, Glock, and revolvers listed on their web site. Maybe I should call them directly.

Too far for UPS or Fed EX?

$CashMoney$
12-22-10, 11:59
I'm looking for a lighter DA, sorter reset and a little less take up on the SA. To avoid the "should have bought a 1911" reply, I'll preempt with the fact that I use the Beretta because it's what I use at work, and it's a good gun too.

300WM: I was waiting for that reply. Since this gun's "off the books," I'd rather not ship it anywhere, know what I mean?

Maybe I'll take a road trip an try to get it done same day.

jjw
12-22-10, 12:22
Ernie Langsdon is probably the best unknown Beretta guy in the country.

of course he worked for beretta ans had access to parts we cant get.

and yes i have 2 vertecs to die for, and don't even like the gun. but had to use them but no restraint on work done

he lives in Virgina and does pistol schools on this board
and will beat shot show with a new company. cant remember who

u can email me your number and i will pass it on
no interest except he is a good guy and good on Beretta;s

ShipWreck
12-22-10, 15:13
Unfortunately, Ernie Langsdon quit working on Berettas a while back.

300WM
12-22-10, 15:35
judicious polishing of pivot pins

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=Berettasets

I did this to the PT 92 I have, as well as cleaning up some other parts, and it is almost to too light now, but man, will it produce some tight groups.

NCPatrolAR
12-22-10, 15:39
David Olhasso is in PA

$CashMoney$
12-26-10, 10:17
Thanks, guys, for all of the help. I'm going to look into each one of these and certainly give one of them a shot.

javentre
12-26-10, 11:46
300WM: I was waiting for that reply. Since this gun's "off the books," I'd rather not ship it anywhere, know what I mean?

As soon as you give it to a gunsmith for work, he's going to log it in to his books - right?

I don't understand the aversion to shipping it to someone. UPS and Fedex aren't opening your packages, writing down serial numbers, and reporting them to the ATF. They really only come in to play if it's lost, which seems fairly unlikely.

Robb Jensen
12-26-10, 12:57
I've owned 5 Berettas. I had 2 with a 'pro' trigger job (1 LTT and 1 Tim Bacus).

If you're wanting a Bullseye type trigger I'd recommend Dave Sams, Tony Kidd or Sam Hatfield.

For a normal 'carry' worthy type trigger/action job what I do is install a reduced power sear spring and a 19lb 1911 Ed Brown mainspring in the Beretta. Just the combination of these two springs vastly improves the trigger pulls I also do a little polishing here and there. It gets the DA down to about 8-8.25lbs and the SA to 4-4.5lbs and a whole lot smoother and 100% reliable.

I had reduced sear springs made for me for SIGs and Berettas back when I competed with those guns back in 2004 -2006.

$CashMoney$
12-26-10, 15:34
As soon as you give it to a gunsmith for work, he's going to log it in to his books - right?

I don't understand the aversion to shipping it to someone. UPS and Fedex aren't opening your packages, writing down serial numbers, and reporting them to the ATF. They really only come in to play if it's lost, which seems fairly unlikely.

Honestly, I don't know what the "real" answer is, or the "right" answer, I guess. But I know some guys that will only log a book in if the work requires them to keep the gun overnight. For outpatient type work, a lot of guys probably figure it's not worth the trouble to log the gun in. Right or wrong (read legal or not), it is what it is.

Of course I wouldn't ask some one to risk their business over that.