PDA

View Full Version : Vest/PC SOFT-T carry

GhostB14
12-22-10, 17:26
How are you guys mounting your SOFT-T to your vest/PC?

Right now mine is vertical high left of center in a BFG TQNow but I ran across the TT horizontal phone pouch and it got me thinking. It seems to me that the pouch would do a few things for me: smoother deploy, more protection for the tq, and get the tq a little lower and out of the way.

Am I way off base here(anyone tried it)? Question is will it fit(the tape tells me I could stuff one in)?

Thank You
Patrick Scott

redfernsoljah
12-22-10, 19:46
two rubber bands work well on molle. easy to break when there is a problem also used the 215 tourniquet adapter for around a year OIF without issues.

Wayneard3413
12-22-10, 19:52
I run a BFG TQ Now tucked in beside my mag pouches.

Keeps it closer to my centerline so I can snag it with either hand but it isn't up high getting in the way of anything or getting caught up with my sling.

Danny Boy
12-23-10, 12:08
I'm cheap. I use shock cord and toaster cord locks. I can make a whole bunch for a few bucks that are a little more sturdy than rubber bands with less degradation over time and can be arranged using a little less space, weight and versatility than the purpose made ones.

J8127
12-23-10, 13:18
Rubber bands for me

cslone
12-26-10, 21:39
I'm running two rubber bands right next to my FAK to keep from snagging on stuff. I'm going to look into the cord locks and shock cord though, good idea Danny Boy.

Decon
12-28-10, 20:06
I use the rubber bands that come with the SOF T wides. The bands have protection against UV exsposure and break down, but there still rubber bands.

DocBach
12-29-10, 09:58
I kept all the SOF-T's I was issued in my aid bag and passed the rest out to my solders with larger thighs to keep in their IFAK (CAT tourniquets wouldn't fit them). We didn't have many of them, so I was stuck with mostly CATs, which I carried above my magazine pouches in issue flashbang grenade pouches.

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy285/docrock184/tqpouches.jpg

SlapChopDonkey
01-23-11, 12:54
I keep mine attatched to my vest with two rubber bands near the top-center of my vest. It is easy to reach quickly with either hand, and I don't have to worry about messing with a pouch. Just grab and pull, breaking the rubber bands.

DocBach
01-29-11, 22:16
I kept mine in pouches for a couple of reasons - one, I've seen the sun degrade rubber bands, and two, the pouches keep them somewhat concealed - not advertising the fact that I am a medic to the enemy.

TehLlama
01-30-11, 11:21
I pirated shock cord out of my MTV repair kit and used that - worked very well.

The Black camping shock cord will do fine as long as you have it on both ends.

mjpsyr
01-30-11, 15:23
I cut two pieces of bike inner tube. I attach the inner tube to the molle by small zip ties. The inner tube holds up better than rubber bands (had one break over time and almost the tourniquet), but it's still easy to get the tourniquet off.

Pax
01-30-11, 15:45
215 Gear TK holster here. Extremely secure, arguably too much so. I doubt I'd be able to access it efficiently under stress or debilitating pain. And it will not let the TK go if you just try to rip it off. So. I mean, if that's your thing and you want something a little more secure than a rubber band, this thing will not let go. But I think a simple pistol mag pouch might offer even better protection for it and easier access.