PDA

View Full Version : Rock River

Paul01
12-22-10, 19:08
Been thinking of getting another AR-15 and have my eye on a Rock River Entry Tactical. The only thing that concerns me is the weight according to there website it weights 7.50 LBS. Compared to my Colt 6920 that weights under 6LBS. I am confused these rifles are pretty much identical except for the weight issue. Anyone have any opinions on that?

I've never handled a RR most dealers down here in South FL don't have them or they sell them faster then they can get them.

Whootsinator
12-22-10, 19:13
Been thinking of getting another AR-15 and have my eye on a Rock River Entry Tactical. The only thing that concerns me is the weight according to there website it weights 7.50 LBS. Compared to my Colt 6920 that weights under 6LBS. I am confused these rifles are pretty much identical except for the weight issue. Anyone have any opinions on that?

I've never handled a RR most dealers down here in South FL don't have them or they sell them faster then they can get them.

Paul, before you ask any more questions or make any more comments you need to do some reading.

Read every single thread listed here:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7009

OTO27
12-22-10, 19:19
I googled that carbine and it seems to have a "heavy" profile barrel instead of the "govt" profile of the 6920, also the carry handle is different and may be heavier than standard carry handle.

If you dont mind me asking, is there a reason why you are getting this rifle? its seems that the price range is around $900. That seems pretty high to pay for the features on the RRA unless you are getting a good deal on it.

I will not tell you how to spend your money or what to buy, but we are here to answer your questions and give you advice if you so desire. I am just curious as to what would make you want this rifle.

RogerinTPA
12-22-10, 20:46
Paul, please read all of the tacked thread that was posted by another member, and the "chart", then reconsider your purchase. You would be best served by obtaining an M4 type carbine from Bravocompanyusa (BCM), Daniel Defense, or LMT. You'll get a much higher quality closer to your 6920, and a more range of options for rails, BUIS, stocks, etc...

William B.
12-22-10, 20:50
You would probably be better off putting that money into gear or training with your current quality carbine.

GermanSynergy
12-22-10, 20:53
Comparing a Colt 6920 to a RRA is like comparing Ruths Chris steak to Taco Hell.

Long story short, RRA's fall short in many critical areas, and you would be better served with an offering from Colt, BCM,Noveske, DD & LMT.

Some dealers will try to sell sub par weapons to folks who may not know any better.

M4C is a wonderful resource, and there is a plethora of good information here to help you make an informed purchase that will serve you well.

Paul01
12-22-10, 20:54
Paul, before you ask any more questions or make any more comments you need to do some reading.

Read every single thread listed here:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7009

That's all I've been doing is READING!!!!Oh and thanks for your opinion!!!

Scorpion
12-22-10, 20:59
They may be outwardly identical but you'll find that the Colt you have is much higher quality than that Rock River you're eyeballing.

Probably repeating crap that everyone else has said but I'd consider looking elsewhere. Better yet, shoot the hell out of the one you got, and configure it as you want it.

Paul01
12-22-10, 21:01
I googled that carbine and it seems to have a "heavy" profile barrel instead of the "govt" profile of the 6920, also the carry handle is different and may be heavier than standard carry handle.

If you dont mind me asking, is there a reason why you are getting this rifle? its seems that the price range is around $900. That seems pretty high to pay for the features on the RRA unless you are getting a good deal on it.

I will not tell you how to spend your money or what to buy, but we are here to answer your questions and give you advice if you so desire. I am just curious as to what would make you want this rifle.

Came across a slightly used one advertised for $850.00.

GermanSynergy
12-22-10, 21:04
You can buy a basic complete BCM carbine from G&R Tactical with a cosmetic blem lower for about the same $.

Came across a slightly used one that I can pick up for $850.00

sff70
12-22-10, 23:18
Keep reading and save for a few more paychecks. There are far, far better choices readily available for a bit more money.

Iraqgunz
12-22-10, 23:26
This is a silly thread.