PDA

View Full Version : RE: Guidance for starting new law enforcement related threads...

Bobert0989
12-23-10, 04:50
I'm not trying to start any trouble with asking this question in a new thread, but your original thread was locked, and I honestly did not understand what you are trying to accomplish by putting a "ban" on any type of thread...

Does this relate to, say, a shooting where a LEO is under review after a shoot, or a LEO is killed by a crack-head, or any other story related to a LEO?

Were you trying to avoid a certain type of thread in particular, or is it just that we cannot post ANYTHING related to law-enforcement anymore? I understand that sometimes a thread can get severely off-topic and lead to someone's feelings getting hurt, but to ban these threads altogether?

Once again, I'm not trying to stir anything up or question your judgement or authority as a Moderator, but honestly did not understand (or conclude) the reasoning behind your decision, and felt that others may have found it unclear as well.

If you'd rather simply communicate through PM and delete this thread please feel free to do so, I just thought it would help clarify the situation for other members...

Thank you,

Bobby

SHIVAN
12-23-10, 10:00
Bobby:

It's pretty simple, LE related threads can not function on this forum because as a whole we lack the maturity to foster productive discussions when LE is the central focus. The threads almost always start out as a very benign report of something that has transpired, and nearly 100% end up with personal attacks, personally vindictive commentary directed at one another, or worse yet an over- generalization of all LE.

That typical result is completely unacceptable. Therefore, since we have asked several members to scale it back, and they are unwilling or unable to do so, we are limiting general discussion in the fashion I laid out.

When we mature to the point where it becomes evident that we can handle those threads again, we might consider allowing them back.

So far, it's not looking good.

Thanks,
Ed