PDA

View Full Version : Permission Slips for Pledge of Allegiance

platoonDaddy
12-23-10, 05:02
Massachusetts School Issues Permission Slips for Pledge of Allegiance

The principal of a public school in Brookline, Mass., is asking parents to fill out permission slips before their children can participate in a weekly recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.

dang it is time to LOCK-N-LOAD, following comment by a WACK'O parent:
"It's uncomfortable," Judi Puritz Cook told the Local Wicked newspaper. "The pledge is a promise, and I've always taught my kids to think very carefully before making any promise. It's not a decision I want to make for them."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/22/massachusetts-school-issues-permission-slips-pledge-allegiance/?test=latestnews

The_War_Wagon
12-23-10, 07:28
Bulldoze it into the ocean, and let the gulf stream carry Taxachusetts back to England. :mad:

kwelz
12-23-10, 08:41
What idiots!

While I do take some issue with the addition made last century to the pledge I still recite it, in full, with pride.

Army Chief
12-23-10, 09:59
Yet another reason why folks from New Hampshire (Live Free Or Die) refer to these lost sheep as "Massholes."

AC

RyanB
12-23-10, 10:45
I always refused to say the Pledge. I don't like how it's worded, and children shouldn't be asked to make oaths anyway.

JackOSU
12-23-10, 11:00
I always refused to say the Pledge. I don't like how it's worded, and children shouldn't be asked to make oaths anyway.

I think it's a pledge and not taking an oath technically, but why would you not hold your alliance to the flag and this country???

pilotguyo540
12-23-10, 11:09
Pledging allegiance to a flag seems awful blind. It is something I never really felt comfortable with. I would feel comfortable pledging allegiance to the constitution.

RyanB
12-23-10, 11:11
Because saying the pledge in school is an exercise in mindlessness. It is cheap. It's foolish to pledge allegiance to the flag... A flag is not capable of autonomous thought.

"I (insert name), having been appointed a (insert rank) in the U.S. Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such appointment and do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God."

There is an oath that means something. My brother refused to say the pledge for years, but when it was his turn he swore the above happily.

JackOSU
12-23-10, 11:18
Because saying the pledge in school is an exercise in mindlessness. It is cheap. It's foolish to pledge allegiance to the flag... A flag is not capable of autonomous thought.

"I (insert name), having been appointed a (insert rank) in the U.S. Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such appointment and do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God."

There is an oath that means something. My brother refused to say the pledge for years, but when it was his turn he swore the above happily.

Good answer. Has merit. I was just curious to your thoughts on the subject. Thanks for clarifying.

GermanSynergy
12-23-10, 12:41
More Communist BS....:mad:

Von Rheydt
12-23-10, 13:15
Bulldoze it into the ocean, and let the gulf stream carry Taxachusetts back to England. :mad:

Bog off! We don't want it...........they don't drink tea;).