PDA

View Full Version : Who is running the aimpoint comp M3

Rockhousejj
12-24-10, 10:50
who all is running this and how well do they like it im really wanting one and was also wondering what mount your running and if it would work with your iron sights and front post sight

Failure2Stop
12-24-10, 12:39
I've used an M3 in a Larue cantilever for a few years now.
Great optic.
You can absolutely use irons through it as long as you have absolute or lower 1/3 cowitness.

crossgun
12-24-10, 12:42
I have a few M3s in both Larue and ADM mounts. Seeing I have no night vision and I doubt you do, safe yourself some money and get a Aimpoint C3. Either of the above mentioned mounts will work well and a QD mount is really not a big issue for most.

CLHC
12-24-10, 16:20
The Aimpoint.ML3 is what I have mounted on the GGG Accucam QD Cantilever Aimpoint Ring.

GLOCKMASTER
12-24-10, 16:23
Had one for a while now and I use nothing but LaRue mounts.

opmike
12-25-10, 04:28
I most also suggest the OP consider a Comp C3 unless he has the intention on punching out of subs or running night vision. It's almost a shame the amount that little optic gets ignored.

In any case, I've had good experiences with ADM mounts. You'll also find that LaRue is pretty much the gold standard.

Naxet1959
12-25-10, 06:59
great optic with a great company service department behind it; mine is mounted with the Aimpoint cowitness version mount. Nothing fancy but it works...

Rockhousejj
12-25-10, 08:52
thanks im really goin to get something after the holidays are over ...ive been shooting an eotech but the battery life is afwl in it so im swithcin to aimpoint

Tungsten
12-25-10, 09:01
I ran an ML3 in an ADM high mount on my shorty for the past three years but recently decided to switch to the EOTech OPSTECH instead. I just find that I prefer the EOTech's openness as the Aimpoint tended to give me a sense of tunnel vision.

Honestly I think it just boils down to personal preference. I had zero problems co-witnessing my irons with the ADM high mount. Perfect lower 1/3 witness.

Alpha Sierra
12-25-10, 11:12
I got a smoking deal on a used Comp C 4 MOA a few years ago and that's what I have been using ever since.

It is waterproof enough to function through rain and snow and that is all I need it to do. I'm not swimming with my rifle and I do not have night vision or infrared gear so the capabilities of the Comp M or Comp ML are a waste of money.

CLHC
12-25-10, 16:33
I ran an ML3 in an ADM high mount on my shorty for the past three years. . .I had zero problems co-witnessing my irons with the ADM high mount. Perfect lower 1/3 witness.
Just curious if you have a picture shot with this particular setup. I was looking into the ADM myself.

ST911
12-25-10, 17:11
I have a comp M3 on my 6920, in a LT150 mount. Thousands of rounds, and a hundred thousand miles or more of bouncing around in trunks with nary a problem. Recommended.

A1para
12-25-10, 17:45
Hello,

I have an M3 with a 2 min. dot in a Larue cantilever mount. I like it a lot. If the M3 is what you want and you can afford it then buy it. You won't be dissapointed. If you buy something less because its cheaper you'll still want the M3 afterwards.

Yeah you probably don't need night vision compatibility but if sometime in the future you do you'll have it. The M3 works just fine without night vision. We never know what the future may hold and it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I agree that an M3 is not necessary and you could probably get by with something cheaper but there are plenty of folks who have never fired a shot in anger who will tell you that you need a top tier AR and to not waste your time on anything less. You decide what you want and whether its worth it to you.

Sim

Lucke551
12-25-10, 18:09
I've run mine for 3 years in a Larue mount and it has gone through two classes and I've never replaced the batteries. Keeps zero in the Larue... Buy one and enjoy it!

SkiDevil
12-26-10, 21:25
Just curious if you have a picture shot with this particular setup. I was looking into the ADM myself.

Not Tungsten, but here you are.

The sight pictured is an Aimpoint M2 but the dimensions are the same. ADM model 68H, works fine with flip-up TROY BUIS. It has been a solid and reliable mount. The La Rue's are great mounts too.

SkiDevil

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx220/SkiDevil01/AimpointandX300058.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx220/SkiDevil01/AimpointandX300064.jpg

CLHC
12-26-10, 21:54
Not Tunngsten, but here you are.

The sight pictured is an Aimpoint M2 but the dimensions are the same. ADM model 68H, works fine with flip-up TROY BUIS. It has been a solid and reliable mount.

SkiDevil
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx220/SkiDevil01/AimpointandX300064.jpg
Great! Thanks for the shots there SkiDevil. Now I'm thinking. . .

Tungsten
12-27-10, 08:29

Sure. I apologize in advance if the pictures don't show exactly what you're looking for. These are just a variety of shots that I have of the gun with that setup.

Minor footnote, the one of my daughter shouldering the weapon shows her w/o eye pro as we were doing dry-firing at this point to just get her the feel for it before going with a mag of live anything.

Don't want anyone getting their safety panties in a knot.

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/564339383_X8TSj-XL.jpg

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/391097127_4WnD6-L.jpg

You've gotta bring kids up right, you know. ;)