PDA

View Full Version : Play between upper and lower

SMETNA
12-24-10, 13:48
Situation:

I have a small (but unacceptable) amount of play between the upper and lower receivers. It seems to stem from the front takedown pin, not the rear one, so would one of those little rubber spacers that goes under the rear take down solve the problem? Is this even something that any of you would try to address?

I can't imagine this affects accuracy/functionality very much, etc. It just wiggles a tiny bit and pisses me off. I like my weapons to be, and feel, "solid as a rock"

All opinions welcome. Thanks guys

Whootsinator
12-24-10, 13:52
It doesn't affect function, you won't find nearly anyone here who would try to address it. The accuwedge is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Raven Armament
12-24-10, 13:52
I don't think it will help. Really your accuracy is in two systems: the upper receiver group and the fire control group. IMO, the lower receiver group just holds the FCG so it can manipulate the URG and the stock to control recoil. The upper/lower fit is very low priority as it's a tolerance stack.

devildogljb
12-24-10, 13:57
the play is normal nothing to worry about theres going to some play, just go out and shoot the hell out of it and dont worry about it.

SMETNA
12-24-10, 14:08
the play is normal nothing to worry about theres going to be some play, just go out and shoot the hell out of it and dont worry about it.

Yeah, I'll get over it. Haha

Just wondering if the gurus of the black rifle had any remedies . . .

Merry Christmas guys. Thank you!

devildogljb
12-24-10, 14:45
Yeah, I'll get over it. Haha

Just wondering if the gurus of the black rifle had any remedies . . .

Merry Christmas guys. Thank you!

there is remedies out on the market i.e Accu-wedge but these type of things will cause more problems then they fix(not that the gap is a problem).

Eric D.
12-24-10, 14:52
The accu-wedge seems to be hit or miss. Some people have had to file half the thing off for it to fit. I just jam a foam earplug under the takedown lug.

bkb0000
12-24-10, 14:53
The accu-wedge seems to be hit or miss. Some people have had to file half the thing off for it to fit. I just jam a foam earplug under the takedown lug.

why even do that? most arguments against the accuwedge are because of the risk of having foreign bodies inside the receiver. there are documented accounts of them coming lose and causing stoppage.

11B101ABN
12-24-10, 14:54
Like has been said: normal, now go shoot.

Quiet-Matt
12-24-10, 14:57
Try a different pivot pin.

E-man930
12-24-10, 15:00
you could do as I suggested when I posted back in this thread ==> https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=54961&page=2

The mods apparently dont like a new idea that works and adresses both sides of the argument and folks on here who have performed my mod didn't get a chance to chime in and post their results and pictures. The slop does not affect performance, however, is it OK to hate the slop? In my book that is a resounding yes, and that is why all of my AR15 builds now have this little mod. (I use rockset / aerospace threadlocker on the setscrew which is a made in USA quality setscrew out of 4140).

Anyways lets see how long this one stays around before it goes boom. :sad:
(And please - do NOT do anything else that was suggested in the thread I linked to for they are all poor solutions that do not remedy the problem without causing other problems)

bkb0000
12-24-10, 15:05
all the setscrew designs i've seen just hold the gap open.. that does NOT seem like the answer.

E-man930
12-24-10, 15:11
Ummm... did you read what I posted?:rolleyes:

bkb0000
12-24-10, 15:18
Ummm... did you read what I posted?:rolleyes:

i sure did. sup?

E-man930
12-24-10, 15:19
And you looked at page two where my mod does the opposite of what you just described above???

bkb0000
12-24-10, 15:50
And you looked at page two where my mod does the opposite of what you just described above???

what does that have to do with my statement

E-man930
12-24-10, 16:03
Why post such a statment? Where is the continuity? How does it add value to the post when you are talking about something 180 degrees opposite of the information I posted?

bkb0000
12-24-10, 16:06
Why post such a statment? Where is the continuity? How does it add value to the post when you are talking about something 180 degrees opposite of the information I posted?

if i were you, i would have taken it as affirmation. that's just me, though.

i'm gonna move on with my life now, holms.