PDA

View Full Version : Experiences buying over Gunbroker/GunsAmerica?

Lucky Strike
08-17-07, 22:34
It seems there's some good prices on ARs to be had on these website but i'm a little wary of buying expensive items over the internet.

Anyone have any problems purchasing from sites like these?

FJB
08-17-07, 22:40
I have purchased several firearms through them with good results.

I'll probably purchase others.

S/F

Don Robison
08-17-07, 22:42
I just picked up a slightly used P220 off of gunbroker yesterday for $475. It's my 7th or 8th purchase with no problem. Just like with ebay check feedback etc.

Safetyhit
08-17-07, 23:58
Bought items on gunbroker many times (much more than my feedback shows, for some reason:mad: ). Firearms, accessories, as well as bulk ammo. No issues ever.

C4IGrant
08-18-07, 08:54
I sell on GB all the time.

C4

Lucky Strike
08-18-07, 10:35
thanks for the replies....looks like that's how i'll be buying

C4IGrant
08-18-07, 11:38
thanks for the replies....looks like that's how i'll be buying

I would be somewhat careful on buying AR's though. If the AR is a parts or built gun, I would get some feedback on the builders ability (as a lot of guys don't know what they are doing and build AR's incorrectly).

C4

Erick Gelhaus
08-18-07, 12:49
Can't comment specifially on GA or GB but I bought a hunting rifles through AuctionArms some years back. No issues with the rifle.

SperlingPE
09-27-07, 16:22
Bought and sold on gunbroker. Absolutely no problems.
I have listed on gunsamerica with zero sales.
Most prices I see at GA are high

Nathan_Bell
09-27-07, 18:19
Bought items on gunbroker many times (much more than my feedback shows, for some reason:mad: ). Firearms, accessories, as well as bulk ammo. No issues ever.

Heh, same here.

signal4l
09-27-07, 23:56
I got ripped off on an N frame Smith revolver about 4 years ago. The "insurance" offered by Gunbroker was non existant. They would not respond to emails. It took almost 2 years before GB admitted to "problems with their insurance company". They eventually stepped up to the plate and paid me my purchase price less the $100 deductable.

My prior 2 or 3 purchases through them were fine. I assume they have corrected the insurance issue. My recommendation is to pay with a credit card if possible. Only buy from well rated sellers. Purchase from sellers like Grant who have an actual storefront if possible.

I should have been more carful but the deal (of course) seemed too good to pass up.

ar15nova
09-28-07, 14:14
It seems there's some good prices on ARs to be had on these website but i'm a little wary of buying expensive items over the internet.

Anyone have any problems purchasing from sites like these?

I've made one purchase from GB and two from GA and had no problems with either. Check feedback and contact seller and you should be good to go.