PDA

View Full Version : New Bushmaster Carbon 15 w/bushnell red dot TRS25

MichJim6464
12-26-10, 12:46
Hello,

This is my first post (besides the DD number pick) Some day i will upgrade to a gun from the LT of the list, but for now here is what i picked up.

I just picked up a BM Carbon 15 from Gander Mt, it was listed for $699, due to Santa giving me some gift cards I paid about $400 for it.

It does have the Carbon upper and lower, it only weighs 5.1 pound w/o mag. It seems to be about the same material as the Magpul clips. BM says that it is a injection modled carbon 15 material.
Seems to be very strong material.

I shot 60 rounds through it in the back yard and it shot great.
I wont be shooting 10,000 round thru it or any thing like that, mosty just a coon, small game and range gun.

Ill try and get some pics soon.

Here is what the BM web site says about it.
Sugg. Retail Price: $749.00
Part No: MAZ-C1516SLORC
(The Picture on the BM web site does not have the bushnell TRS25 on it)

Features & Specifications
[Metric in brackets]
Caliber: 5.56mm or .223 Rem.
Magazine Capacity: 30 rounds (accepts all M16/AR-15 type)
Overall Length: 34.5” [87.63 cm]

Barrel Length: 16” [40.6 cm]
Rifling: 1 in 9" R.H. twist/ 6 grooves & lands
Weight w/o magazine: 5.1lbs
Weight of empty magazine: .25 lbs [.11 kg]
Weight of loaded magazine: 1.0 lbs. [.45 kg]
Mode of Operation: Gas Operated /
Semi-Automatic

Very nice so far.
:p

OTO27
12-26-10, 14:12
Good deal, show us some picks!

MichJim6464
12-26-10, 14:26
here are a few pics.

500grains
12-26-10, 14:39
Congrats on the purchase!

Please shoot some 100 yards groups with it and post the targets. I owned 2 of these and was not happy with the accuracy, and I am curious to know if BM solved that problem. Thanks!

MichJim6464
12-26-10, 14:48
Will do, I plan on going to range on Wednesday. If the weather is not to bad here in Michigan.
Today it is a bit cold at 22 degrees.

Failure2Stop
12-26-10, 14:48
I am unclear here.
What is your question or statement?
This site is full of people with AR pattern rifles, mostly who come here for technical information or to pass on pertinent information.
If you just want to show people your new purchase, there is already an estblished thread for that. If you want to stir up the members by avowing your love for sub-par equipment, please look elsewhere for your holiday entertainment.

rh88
12-26-10, 16:04
I am unclear here.
This site is full of people with AR pattern rifles, mostly who come here for technical information or to pass on pertinent information.
If you just want to show people your new purchase, there is already an estblished thread for that. If you want to stir up the members by avowing your love for sub-par equipment, please look elsewhere for your holiday entertainment.

What a Dick!

Scotty
12-26-10, 16:14
What a Dick!

I agree.

Brisco
12-26-10, 16:16
What a Dick!

I'm fairly new here myself, but I found reading this thread very helpful before I post anything.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=54936

Avenger29
12-26-10, 16:25
What a Dick!

M4C Complaint Department (https://www.m4carbine.net/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1293402035-b50141936d58dd98b3b25988ead3dab88f4e44ca)

In all seriousness, this isn't your normal firearms board and we strive for discussions of quality equipment. BM's overall track record isn't great, and their Carbon 15 guns have been problematic for many people that have tried them.

MichJim6464
12-26-10, 16:29
I am unclear here.

The Statement would be that I got a great deal on a BM that so far has been great, NOT a POS just becuase the name.

If you need a Question....

Does any one else have any reviews on the Carbon Upper and Lowers from BM ?

CLHC
12-26-10, 16:32
Does any one else have any reviews on the Carbon Upper and Lowers from BM ?
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26403

MichJim6464
12-26-10, 16:33
M4C Complaint Department (https://www.m4carbine.net/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1293402035-b50141936d58dd98b3b25988ead3dab88f4e44ca)

In all seriousness, this isn't your normal firearms board and we strive for discussions of quality equipment. BM's overall track record isn't great, and their Carbon 15 guns have been problematic for many people that have tried them.

I have read Many Post and Treads on the Bushmaster, Most just say they suck due to not being "Mil Spec" And This is a NEW gun from bushmaster with Carbon upper and lower, with the dust cover and the forward assist.

I know most will just say that all BM's suck, they are the same people who wrote off glock.

payj
12-26-10, 16:40
Thank you for the review. I have held one and it seemed very light, which was pretty cool.

There are some more reviews if you search around. I think there are a few over on ar15, or just google it. Overall, they get pretty mediocre reviews. I would personally never own or buy one for a serous use gun....

Avenger29
12-26-10, 17:01
I know most will just say that all BM's suck, they are the same people who wrote off glock.

Many, many people here trust their lives to Glocks. Because Glocks are actually quality, reliable firearms. In fact, I consider the Glock 9mms, HKs, and S&W M&Ps to be some of the only guns that are worth owning for self defense.

I have read Many Post and Treads on the Bushmaster, Most just say they suck due to not being "Mil Spec" And This is a NEW gun from bushmaster with Carbon upper and lower, with the dust cover and the forward assist.

More like BMs tend to be poorly made, with poor QC, and have problems.

kwelz
12-26-10, 17:12
What a Dick!

No he is just being honest.

This thread will not end well.

rh88
12-26-10, 17:34
Understood. I do apologize for my previous post. It was crude and reactive. However I have never been the type of person to throw a shoulder into someone's grandpa while walking down the aisle at Walmart, just to feel better about myself. I have also never been the type to tolerate it from someone else either. The OP seemed to be given his assessment of a new rifle ( which he acknowledged may be entry level ) in a direct and informative manner. He then was blasted by someone who thought that we , dumb novices (myself included), are not quite as "cool" as we should be. Sometimes tactful is more important than tactical.

Littlelebowski
12-26-10, 17:44
Understood. I do apologize for my previous post. It was crude and reactive. However I have never been the type of person to throw a shoulder into someone's grandpa while walking down the aisle at Walmart, just to feel better about myself. I have also never been the type to tolerate it from someone else either. The OP seemed to be given his assessment of a new rifle ( which he acknowledged may be entry level ) in a direct and informative manner. He then was blasted by someone who thought that we , dumb novices (myself included), are not quite as "cool" as we should be. Sometimes tactful is more important than tactical.

You don't know FTS so.....do not try to shed light on what or how he thinks. He's a humble no nonsense guy who not only talks the talk but walks the walk.

Quiet-Matt
12-26-10, 18:02
We just don't want to see this site slip into the realm of TOS.... FTS is doing us all a favor by policing for us, and I thank him.

ehcarl2983
12-26-10, 18:17
Not my lane...

RogerinTPA
12-26-10, 18:45

You are as wrong as two boy ****in'. Glock is highly regarded here. BM, not so much.

This is not Arfcom or AR15armory, where they love all things BM, RRA or Stag. If you or anyone else, wanna post picks of your weapon just out of pure pride of purchase, without any discernible question, please do so in the pic thread already established. As to the OP's follow up questions, he probably should have asked them... BEFORE the purchase was made. Instead he backpedaled to justify and gain validation of said purchase. Brilliant.:rolleyes:

MichJim6464
12-26-10, 19:17
If I would have posted that i spent 2000+ on a BCM no one would be saying anything but praises for the gun.

TOrrock
12-26-10, 19:22
If I would have posted that i spent 2000+ on a BCM no one would be saying anything but praises for the gun.

You're high.

#1) BCM isn't anywhere near $2K, with careful buying you can get a complete set up for sub $1K.

#2) Many people on this board carry a carbine for a living, or are very highly motivated civilian shooters. People judge the tool, and look objectively at how that tool was made and whether it can stand up to hard use.

Bushmaster has constantly proven to NOT be able to do that, and the Carbon 15's in particular are not hard use carbines.

Step away from the emotional attachment of the weapon and read some of the stuck threads at the top of the forum sections.

http://community.greygrouptraining.com/2010/12/15/tacticool-operator-meets-the-reaper.aspx

Cameron
12-26-10, 19:26
Don't mods have the ability to, not just lock threads but, go in and delete them in their entirety?

Furthermore why aren't the guys that called a site moderator a dick permanently banned.

Cameron

GLOCKMASTER
12-26-10, 19:37
OK for now I think this thread has gone far enough.