PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell if this colt m16 optic is real

infantry556
12-26-10, 20:41
Ok I know that this is real but trying to prove it sucks I got it from a supply guy and he said that its been there for awhile I know it a colt cuase he kept the one that said colt but it was not engraved on it it was stamped with white paint that's it this one was used and over time the paint has worn off, I have been told that it is worth about 300 as it an original if true, but what I wanna know is how to tell it real, oh and this wasn't made in china lol thanks guys

CLHC
12-26-10, 20:49
:confused: You kind of lost me there. Don't want to "assume" what I think you're saying. Also, any pictures?

infantry556
12-26-10, 21:44
I will post a pic of it shortly

PRGGodfather
12-26-10, 21:49
I had an original Colt 4x carry handle scope. They're not that great. Back in the day, there were some pretty limited options. An RDS is more practical given today's techniques.

I think I paid about $300 back in 1988.

infantry556
12-26-10, 23:49
Thanks godfather from what I hear its an old timer as far as scopes for the rifle one of the first the army used, so I wanna find as much info as possiable im kind of a gun freak lol but this has me puzzled as far as proving its real as I said eveything I look up says it was stamped colt not engraved. Thanks for the info

PRGGodfather
12-30-10, 14:51
Yes, mine was definitely stamped and filled.