PDA

View Full Version : SR-15 E3 SBR (KevinB's post on Barfcom?)

GIJew766
12-27-10, 16:38
A friend linked me a post dated from October from Kevin hinting at an SR-15 E3 SBR with a Magpul CTR stock.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=381&t=196215&page=1

I tried using the search feature but couldn't find anything (yes, this is my first post. Lurked a while, just registered and now I'm asking). Was looking into SBR'ing my current SR-15 E3, but wanted to keep the E3 systems in tact. Now that I've read this, was interested in any further information. If I can get an E3 SBR, it would truly make my day (especially with that 3T onboard. Would give me an excuse to buy a Knights suppressor to go with it). Any info y'all could provide would be much appreciated. Thank y'all kindly.

HC

Army Chief
12-27-10, 16:57
HC,

Based upon what we know right now, the first SBR run from KAC will be based upon Vero -- vice IWS -- lowers, so your wait will be a bit longer if you require the newer ambidextrous features. This assumes (somewhat optimistically) that there will be any future runs, as it was a pretty significant step for KAC to make an SBR available in the first place. The possibility of subsequent E3/IWS-based offerings has been discussed, but no firm commitments have been forthcoming to date.

AC

GIJew766
12-27-10, 17:11
Chief,

Thank you much for your reply. It's not that I need the ambidextrous features, but there were nice to have when working weak side. Granted, the lack of ambi controls won't preclude me from buying one, but I am assuming that the E3 BCG and the URX will be part of the system on the first run. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Regardless, can't say enough good things about the SR-15, and I'm one to believe Trey and them down in the Sunshine State would lose their commitment to excellence.

HC