PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon tripower questions

MAUSER202
12-27-10, 19:38
Has anyone used this site? I was thinking about this or a Aimpiont compM2 for my wifes rifle.

Tomac
12-28-10, 07:05
Go w/the Aimpoint. I've owned the TriPower and IMHO it's an excellent concept w/flawed execution. Battery life is exceptionally poor, tritium is so dim as to be nearly useless (supposedly for NV compatibility) and the fiber optic collector glows at night when using the battery.
Loved the chevron & daylight performance. Replace the current battery w/an AA or CR123 and brighten the triitum and I'd seriously reconsider it.
HTH...
Tomac

Rosco Benson
12-28-10, 11:28
Tomac nailed it. I have one. I like it, but I don't love it.

This is one that needs just a little tweaking by Trijicon to have a real winner. I doubt it'll happen. They seem to be concentrating on their other sights.

Rosco

payj
12-28-10, 14:08
I was about to buy one a long time ago before I knew about Aimpoint. I really liked the idea of three sources of power. I think we all do. That said, the battery used is very uncommon and the battery life is pretty low. Along with the other stuff Tomac pointed out. If Trijicon would address these points it very well could be one of the best cqb sights on the market, especially if they give the consumer different reticule options. Only time will tell I suppose.

MAUSER202
12-28-10, 20:44
Thanks for the replys! I will go with the aim point.